Blood sugar 21.5 down to 10.4 EXERCISE TO LOWER BLOOD

Rockwannabe68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When first starting out, I found, by trial & error & forums, diet (low carb) was critical and brisk, regular walking helped tremendously. At the time I weighted the importance of diet as 70%, exercise 20%, sleep and stress reduction 10%. ALL these work together to get BS down so none should be neglected.
Aerobic exercise (walking) allows the body to use oxygen to burn glucose 19X more efficiently than anaerobic (spints, HIIT, weight lifting) exercise. For me, walking does work wonders after a meal to burn glucose in muscles and make more room for the newly digested glucose in the blood stream. Walking only goes so far because the room to store glucose is limited in a T2D.
Recently my interest has turned to "How can I increase my insulin sensitivity"? To do this means increasing the glycogen storage capacity of my muscles to give BS someplace to go. If my muscles could store more then my BS wouldn't go so high. And I could clear the BS using less insulin too. Incredibly, anaerobic exercise (sarcoplasmic hypertrophy) causes muscle cells to create more glycogen core molecules, increases the cell size by increasing cytoplasm and increases the number and volume of other enzymes. This muscle adaptation effectively reduces insulin resistance and consequently reduces A1C. It also means I don't have to take 3X daily walks to burn off glucose.
Now, I'm inclined to believe the importance of diet is more like 40% and exercise 40%. :)

Thanks for the info I've cut back on the carbs drastically, surprised how the carbs spike blood so being strict ,,,, some HIIT sessions I'm going to add to my week and see how they effect my BS feel a little more in control everyone's comments really help

Rockwannabe68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
There is so much to learn about the body's reactions to different foods. Human nutrition seems to be 40 years behind animal nutrition but of course it isn't possible to maintain a glass window into a human stomach for years and then slaughter them for measurements.
For me the breakthrough was abandoning raw muesli at breakfast and replacing with egg, bacon, mushrooms and tomato all fried in butter and then being sensible with carbs the rest of the day. Isn't cauliflower rice a useful discovery.
Haven't tried cauliflower rice but will and intend to buy a spiral machine

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know these are high numbers still , but I was given a blood monitor from doctors
So I've been testing various foods and drinks
I lapsed last night a couple of beers and some busicults this morning my blood was high
I've read exercise can lower blood sugar so this morning I went for a 4 mile run
After half hour my blood was 10.4 still high but really positive step
Some more exercise and a strict watch of diet hopefully things will levels out
Does anyone else use exercise like this
Wow well done, it took me a couple of months of severe diet and exercise (then 7 weeks of low carbing (less than 400 call a day)) to get my numbers from the 20s to the 10s... keep it up. That is a huge achievement don't down play it.