Blood sugars have been perfect

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so I was diagnosed the beginning of March, I have since lost 1.5 stone (still have 7 to lose)....so for the past 2-3 weeks my blood sugars have been perfect...when I wake up it’s between a 4.2-4-7.....after my meals it usually is around less than 6 one hour post meal and below 5 2 hrs....I follow slimming world and havnt really gone low carb, I have just watched my portions slightly and exercise...my blood sugars don’t seem to be affected by rice or pasta....last night I had a get to gether with friends and had chocolate, crisps and my blood sugars only went up to 6.9 and I didn’t just have a little bit....now when I was first diagnosed the food I had been eating would spike my blood a bit higher but now it’s under control which I’m very happy with, I wonder if it’s the weightloss that’s helped my pancreas work better

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
so I was diagnosed the beginning of March, I have since lost 1.5 stone (still have 7 to lose)....so for the past 2-3 weeks my blood sugars have been perfect...when I wake up it’s between a 4.2-4-7.....after my meals it usually is around less than 6 one hour post meal and below 5 2 hrs....I follow slimming world and havnt really gone low carb, I have just watched my portions slightly and exercise...my blood sugars don’t seem to be affected by rice or pasta....last night I had a get to gether with friends and had chocolate, crisps and my blood sugars only went up to 6.9 and I didn’t just have a little bit....now when I was first diagnosed the food I had been eating would spike my blood a bit higher but now it’s under control which I’m very happy with, I wonder if it’s the weightloss that’s helped my pancreas work better
Well done on the weight loss and improved levels! Keep up the good work :)