Blood test result :)

minimam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got results today at my 3 month review.
Asked DN for a printout of them so I can digest them in my own time. Must admit don't understand them all BUT I do understand HBA1C 21/2/14 - 63
today 48 :) cholesterol has gone up from 4.9 to 5.4 (doing LCHF) so offered statins AGAIN but very politely refused AGAIN ha.
Total HDL 1.7 HDL ratio
3.2 I'm presuming this is ok.

So very pleased. Still medication free, 2 stone weight loss, reduction in blood tests and the added bonus that I can now run 6km since joined my running club in February.

Nurse has given me 6 months till my next review due to my "good behaviour"

Happy that my hard work is paying off :D

Oh I forgot one BMI in Feb 30 now 26

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Got results today at my 3 month review.
Asked DN for a printout of them so I can digest them in my own time. Must admit don't understand them all BUT I do understand HBA1C 21/2/14 - 63
today 48 :) cholesterol has gone up from 4.9 to 5.4 (doing LCHF) so offered statins AGAIN but very politely refused AGAIN ha.
Total HDL 1.7 HDL ratio
3.2 I'm presuming this is ok.

So very pleased. Still medication free, 2 stone weight loss, reduction in blood tests and the added bonus that I can now run 6km since joined my running club in February.

I'm so pleased for you, great results and congratulations on all your hard work :eek:)
Nurse has given me 6 months till my next review due to my "good behaviour"

Happy that my hard work is paying off :D

Reactions: 2 people

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, I keep reading these successful stories to encourage me. Very encouraging. If you find a way to reduce cholesterol please write back as mine is 5.1, refused the statins offer and I have been following LCHF diet too. Thanks

minimam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, I keep reading these successful stories to encourage me. Very encouraging. If you find a way to reduce cholesterol please write back as mine is 5.1, refused the statins offer and I have been following LCHF diet too. Thanks
My cholesterol was 4.9 when I was diagnosed. Used to have porridge everyday. Cut that out as doing LCHF. I have just got myself a monitor so I'm going to try having porridge again and see what happens. Its the only thing that I can think of that's given me the increase in cholesterol. I'll let you know how I get on. There's no way I'm taking the statins that keep getting thrown at me ha.

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
porridge supposed to lower cholesterol but BG rises with that. I tried after DN advise on healthy eating, did not work for BS or weight. LCHF is better although I ate fat moderately not used it and got fear of fat. Now on ND for a week, lost 2kg, not hoping to continue more than another week. Then try again for a week next month, Got to loose that last last few kgs to reach my ideal weight.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

We'll done minimam. Great result! :)

I ate porridge almost every morning for years before diagnosis. Haven't touched it since. Please let us know how you get on.

Reactions: 4 people

nannyg123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
whingers
My cholesterol was 4.9 when I was diagnosed. Used to have porridge everyday. Cut that out as doing LCHF. I have just got myself a monitor so I'm going to try having porridge again and see what happens. Its the only thing that I can think of that's given me the increase in cholesterol. I'll let you know how I get on. There's no way I'm taking the statins that keep getting thrown at me ha.
Please do let us know about your cholesterol. Mine was 4.8 start Feb when I started to LCHF but went up to 5.8 end April. Am curious as to why it rose. DN not too concerned but statins were mentioned as possibility if doesn't drop. I'm with you on not wanting to take them.
HbA1c 106 end Dec. 79 start Feb. 47 end April.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 6 people

Onlyababy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought cholesterol was suppose to go down with the lchf diet not up?

minimam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We'll done minimam. Great result! :)

I ate porridge almost every morning for years before diagnosis. Haven't touched it since. Please let us know how you get on.
Have given porridge a go today. Made it with 2 tbls porridge, almond milk and a tsp of cinnamon. Tested before 7.6 two hours after 6.8 :) Wont have it everyday like I used to but at least I know I can have it again. I used to eat Bergen soya and linseed bread everyday but since changed to LCHF have not eaten it. Decided to test with 1 slice. Tested 7.3 before and 7.6 after. Looks like the occasional sarnie could be back on the menu too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
porridge supposed to lower cholesterol but BG rises with that. I tried after DN advise on healthy eating, did not work for BS or weight. LCHF is better although I ate fat moderately not used it and got fear of fat. Now on ND for a week, lost 2kg, not hoping to continue more than another week. Then try again for a week next month, Got to loose that last last few kgs to reach my ideal weight.
Have you tried adding nuts with porridge to slow down the absorption?

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats on results. I find 15 to 20g of oats is enough, although I haven't had it for a few months. I make the porridge with water but the 10g of ground almonds I add give it a creamy consistency. If I'm running late I have been known to put the oats and almonds into a pot a mix with full fat plain yoghurt. I don't know if that changes the effect on sugars because they aren't cooked ( I realise the yoghurt will add carbs.