bmj statins & lies

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I read this link and it sent a shiver down my spine. A couple of years ago hubbie lost job and it looked like we would lose everything. I went into work one day and couldn't stop crying. I was sent home and signed off for a month. I struggled to leave the house, didn't want to see anyone from work and didn't want to go near anyone other than family. The doc tried to give me meds but I refused. I made myself go out for walks, avoided crowds, shopped in a different town and got through it. Reading this link I think I was very lucky to have refused the meds and managed to get through it. I know some people are not so lucky!
I'm sure it was designed to do exactly that .They want bring in potential business. It isn't necessarily truth they are seeking but many claimants may produce a golden egg.
http://www.tbtam.com/2010/06/drugwatchcom-ambulance-chasers.html#.U7k5uppBtjo
Many drugs can cause harm to some people yet benefit oters.* in the end it is all about cost/benefit. National guidelines have to take into account benefits to the majority, individuals (and hopefully individual doctors) have to look each unique situation.

US medical costs of medicine are extremely high because of the way their legal allows both huge compensation claims and long drawn out cases which often only benefit those working in the legal system.

re diabetes and statins. Dr T Dayspring ( very prominent lipidologist, also relatively low carb advocate) tweeted this the other day linked to a recent study in Diabetes Care .
The same study was reported on the main site here (no mention of risks outweighing benefits) Same study, different spin.