Body aches preventing sleep

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone suffer from body aches preventing them from sleeping? I have been lying awake for hours. So annoying. Have just taken ibuprofen which will hopefully help .I am just wondering if this is possibly a symptom of diabetes or not..

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Does anyone suffer from body aches preventing them from sleeping? I have been lying awake for hours. So annoying. Have just taken ibuprofen which will hopefully help .I am just wondering if this is possibly a symptom of diabetes or not..
I don't know if it's a diabetes symptom but I do sometimes have this problem, in my case probably due to fibromyalgia. I take paracetamol to treat the pain enough to let me sleep. Ibuprofen works too, although I always take that with food, to prevent stomach ulcers. Probably something to raise with your doctor next time you seem because pain that interferes with sleep is a significant issue. Sleep helps your body heal and stay well.

Reactions: 2 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
I don't know if it's a diabetes symptom but I do sometimes have this problem, in my case probably due to fibromyalgia. I take paracetamol to treat the pain enough to let me sleep. Ibuprofen works too, although I always take that with food, to prevent stomach ulcers. Probably something to raise with your doctor next time you seem because pain that interferes with sleep is a significant issue. Sleep helps your body heal and stay well.
Hi,I was told by the pharmacy that ibuprofen should not be taken by diabetics,no other info was given to me then told I could take paracetemol

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will be discussing it will doc thanks ! I often wonder if it pehaps is fibromyalgia...its quite debillitating.Just strange aches,muscle pain and stiffness. Sick.of it .Between that and the tiredness from the diabetes .Just fed up feeling unwell.Sorry for u @CatLadyNZ having to put up with fibro.Are they similsr to the symptoms u have?

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,I was told by the pharmacy that ibuprofen should not be taken by diabetics,no other info was given to me then told I could take paracetemol
Oh really? More rules for us eh...? :) Thats the pits because they are very effective! Thanks for your post.

M

mammamia2006

I have always been given ibuprofen from dr if I need them, tramadols are quite effective as well but not entirely sure if they help the pain or just knock me out for a few hours.

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it's just a symptom of getting old.
Haha ,thanks...:)..but dont think so .Im the youngest of a large family but I am.the only one who suffers in this way it seems. Yesterday I was in floods of tears with it ..

MargJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been like this for years but only recently diagnosed as diabetic. Always associated my poor sleep to arthritis. Could this be something that affects you?

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been like this for years but only recently diagnosed as diabetic. Always associated my poor sleep to arthritis. Could this be something that affects you?
Sorry to hear u have been suffering with pain also. No I dont think mine is arthritis as its not my joints that are affected.Thanks for your reply..

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear you have been suffering with pain also!No I dont think mine is arthritis as pain is not in the joints.Thanks for your reply ! :)

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have always been given ibuprofen from dr if I need them, tramadols are quite effective as well but not entirely sure if they help the pain or just knock me out for a few hours.
I find ibuprofen works very well but try to only take them if I feel particularly bad!

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I will be discussing it will doc thanks ! I often wonder if it pehaps is fibromyalgia...its quite debillitating.Just strange aches,muscle pain and stiffness. Sick.of it .Between that and the tiredness from the diabetes .Just fed up feeling unwell.Sorry for u @CatLadyNZ having to put up with fibro.Are they similsr to the symptoms u have?
Thanks for your kind words. It's ok most of the time and I seem to have a mild case of fibro compared to others. I am more affected by the fatigue side of it that the pain side, fortunately.

There are many causes of these kinds of symptoms and fibro is a diagnosis that can only be arrived at after testing everything else that can be tested. Most of these tests can be done by your GP but if they draw a blank then a rheumatologist can probably help. Your symptoms could be caused by a vitamin or mineral deficiency, a thyroid or iron issue, an rheumatic-type condition or many other things. You're not on statins are you? Write down for your doctor what the symptoms feel like over the course of a day, what makes them better or worse, and when they started. It may take some time to get to the bottom of it but don't give up.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh really? More rules for us eh...? :) Thats the pits because they are very effective! Thanks for your post.
I would do your own reading or asking a pharmacist or doctor about this as it might not be correct.

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try a vitamin D test. Love someone who's joints aren't aching as much xx

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi
I think this was incorrect. Ibuprofen shouldn't be given to asthmatics. I take loads of ibuprofen and doctors have never said anything about it.
D x