Book - "Dead Level"

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone read "Dead Level", a book by Damien Boyd?
Initially I chose it because it's set locally in Somerset & I know many of the locations, but also the main protaganist is Type 1 & a chunk of the plot relates to insulin & the pharmaceutical industry. I would question one or two diabetes related details, but it's fiction and quite entertaining.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
ooohhhh interesting!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's a "whodunnit". The diabetes bit relates to human insulin v animal insulin.

Ah - I like a good whodunnit! Going to look on Amazon :)

I'm on animal insulin, having originally been on human insulin, so I'm even more interested now : D

Reactions: DunePlodder

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The author had a friend who had an adverse reaction to human insulin but hadn't been told about the option of using animal insulin.

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Uhh cool! It's hard to find anywhere for a type 1 diabetic protagonist not dying or something like that

Reactions: azure

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Let me know if it's any good @azure .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Uhh cool! It's hard to find anywhere for a type 1 diabetic protagonist not dying or something like that
emoji849.png
You could try checking this dumb **** movie from the late 80s regarding a T1 heroine... ;)

Reactions: deborabaratto

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

No worries.! I know about the D is always the "weak chain" in the plot that needs rescuing with a shot. Lol

Funny example in a Stallone movie last night. "Cliffhanger." (Though there was no diabetic involved.)

A Bunch of criminals crash a plane after a heist in the mountains. The token female baddy sends a distress call to lure up mountain rescue (Stallone & co.) on contacting MR base and saying a party of five got lost & stranded, she lies in a panicky mumsy voice "hurry he's going into shock. He needs insulin."
A cunning ploy! Lol

Being from the West Country &T1 myself. I'm gonna have to check out the book in the thread tittle....