Bread

Ange1a65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have given up try to get the protein rolls from Lidl, and was wondering if any of you lovely people have tried the "Booths, low gi bread"?
It's quite expensive so would value options before I consider it.

Thanks in advance

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I looked on line and it says that Booths Low GI bread has 37g of carbs per 100g compared to Burgen bread that has 25g per 100g so I suspect that in general terms Burgen bread would be kinder to bg levels despite the Low GI tag of the Booths bread.

But the only way to know if you can safely eat any food is to test before and 2 hours after eating it and if your bg levels are any more than 2 mmol/L more postprandial (after eating) you will need to eat a smaller portion the next time you eat that foodstuff.

I can only tell you what I can eat just as others can only tell you what they eat or can eat so you need to test these breads for yourself for any definitive answer. Sorry I cant be mire helpful.