Breakfast

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have Greek yoghurt with berries and a tablespoon of either flax seed or granola when I'm working and poached or scrambled eggs on toast when at home.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm another yoghurt and a few berries man. Quick and easy. Make sure its the full fat greek yoghurt unless you want it to taste horrid and feel hungry within ten minutes though.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you a bread eater @spaxman ?

If so, Lidl sells a high protein roll that is very low carb (about 8g carbs per roll). Sliced in half and toasted with butter they are delicious. You could have one of those with a poached egg.

Porridge is difficult especially if made with milk. When you get a meter you can test it out.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For me breakfast is a handfull of berries with plain yoghurt and home-made seed granola. About 15gm carbs. I gave up home made, no added sugar, but oats based, muesli when I found out it spiked me to about 11. If I add a spoonful of creme fraiche to the yoghurt it helps to keep my fat intake up for the day.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Julie I'm a newbie type 2 can we eat bacon and sausages?

Yes, but make sure the sausages are 97% meat, or at least low carb ones. The ones I eat are Black Farmers and are 1g carb per sausage. Supermarkets have their own brands too. Always check the nutrition label for the total carb content.