Breakfasts

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I freeze most things I buy if I don't use them the same day.

We freeze bread and buy frozen peas. I freeze my Black Farmer sausages. Sometimes we freeze meat we buy on a Friday to eat later in the week. Other than that, our freezer has nothing in it

Hansi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am a little stuck for breakfast ideas as much as I would love bacon and eggs or omelettes every day I am aware of the bad publicity that surrounds bacon so limit my intake to two rashers once a week. Again with sausages & ham I worry about the high fat content of these as well as the stigma attached to eating processed meats. I have a cupboard full of porridge sachets and granola mainly dorset but can no longer use these, so at the moment I am stuck with a yoghurt and 6 nuts for most days however just purchased sainsbury specially for you porridge which is the large oat variety as this is supposed to be better for you. Would find it hard to eat veggies for breakfast so any ideas would be welcome.
I do so miss my bread but have found bergan soya and linseed bread goes a good way to fill this void however trying to limit to 2 slices a day.

Why don't you try some fish? I sometimes open a tin of sardines, mackerel or kippers and have half a tin for breakfast and leave the other half for teatime or the next day. I also have the jars of pickled herring in jars from Lidl. Delicous!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a total convert of the protein rolls from Lidl. I noticed yesterday that they are now doing a low GI cob as well, tried it and it is delicious!
One question, the lidl rolls fill me up so I don't feel hungry for hours, do you have any other suggestions for other foods that will do the same thing?
My problem is I am always hungry which is why I am considerably overweight. I could really do with alternatives to stop me overeating.

I don't eat any grains but my avocado was my magic ticket to stop ravenous hunger and thinking about food all day long.
I eat some with each meal equaling one a day and the bigger the better. Avocado and celery IS my bf. Then lunch and dinner have avocado with protein and veggies.
The fat and fiber in the morning is imperative to stop my hunger. I eat bf at around 8 am and a few nuts at noon. Then lunch at 3. Without hunger. I just like to munch on the nuts. I could easily do without them