Bydureon - 'lumps' at injection site

marlymoo

Hi

My hubby has now been on Bydureon for 5 months, the 'sickness' side effects thankfully wore off quickly and we've got the mixing of the injection off to a fine art, I'm terrible with needles but I can give him his injection without any problems, the only thing we've noticed is lumps under the skin where he's been injected, we try to do it in different areas each week but the lumps don't seem to be going away and now they are itching really badly.

We are due to go back to the consultant in April but wondered if anyone else had suffered this and if there is any solution especially to the itching, he's doing so well on it we'd hate to stop over this :thumbdown:

Thankyou

MM :mrgreen:

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just started Bydureon - second injection on monday.

Did you not get the information pack?

From what I've read in the literature the small bumps are to be expected and should disappear after 4 - 6 weeks. Just don't inject on the bump.

Not sure what to do about the itching - maybe a more experienced Bydureon user will come along to help.

Have a look through their website

in exile

The lumps are not uncommon MM.
Definatly seek advice on the itching A.S.A.P, don't wait too long.
I would advise trying to move the injection site slightly...higher or lower, as it may be rubbing on clothing such as waist bands or belts

lillybet

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

My hubby has now been on Bydureon for 5 months, the 'sickness' side effects thankfully wore off quickly and we've got the mixing of the injection off to a fine art, I'm terrible with needles but I can give him his injection without any problems, the only thing we've noticed is lumps under the skin where he's been injected, we try to do it in different areas each week but the lumps don't seem to be going away and now they are itching really badly.

We are due to go back to the consultant in April but wondered if anyone else had suffered this and if there is any solution especially to the itching, he's doing so well on it we'd hate to stop over this :thumbdown:

Thankyou

MM :mrgreen:
I've been using Bydureon for 4 months now and have lost 18 lbs weight and my bloods are well controlled 5.5 to 8.00 before meals but I have lots of lumps some lasting 7/8 weeks, but have found that applying a little Savlon Antiseptic cream to the injection site relieves the itching and pain almost immediately. It really does help.