Bydureon Week 2

BlueTwist

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I was originally on Victoza for a while which was great at getting down BS, but caused me a lot of pain (Right Upper Quadrant) so I had to stop it. Initially my GP thought I had Gallstones but a scan ruled that out.

Started Bydureon and am on week 2, 4 days into 2nd injection. During week 1 I noticed the pain (as mentioned above) came back after just 3 days. Now on week 2 and the pain is more predominant.

No improvement in getting BS down either, still registering over in the 20's of an evening.

I am currently trying a LCHF diet - or learning as I go along.

Do I continue with the Bydureon a bit longer and see how it goes or stop now. I see my GP in a week.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I think all I can safely recommend is that you contact your GP and ask them what they think about it. Ultimately it's your choice, not theirs, but it is better to consult them than to stop a drug on your own. It may be that it takes a few weeks to reach its full effectiveness, but the question is whether you can tolerate the side effects. How is the LCHF diet going?

BlueTwist

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I think all I can safely recommend is that you contact your GP and ask them what they think about it. Ultimately it's your choice, not theirs, but it is better to consult them than to stop a drug on your own. It may be that it takes a few weeks to reach its full effectiveness, but the question is whether you can tolerate the side effects. How is the LCHF diet going?

Yeah the diet is going ok. It is a learning curve. Just seen another post from you about trying berries and yoghurt for breakfast. I am going to give this a good. Love natural yoghurt and fruit!

Reactions: 3 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Just keep at it with the low-carb diet and as and when the weight starts coming down then you can probably agree with the GP to reduce or stop the Bydureon. You shouldn't need it if you can stay on the low-carb diet (or should I say lifestyle)

Reactions: 3 people

Merlin22red

I Have been on bydureon for a few months now initially using the vial and syringe, now onto my 4th box of the new pens, but finding it difficult to inject, the needles seem to be blunt and do not penetrate the skin unless really stabbed into the flesh

yarnspinners

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I Have been on bydureon for a few months now initially using the vial and syringe, now onto my 4th box of the new pens, but finding it difficult to inject, the needles seem to be blunt and do not penetrate the skin unless really stabbed into the flesh

I am having difficulty with the new pens as well. They more often than not jam despite very thorough mixing which causes pain and bleeding. In fact had to abandon a couple they were so stiff. They don't also enclose enough spare needs in the box.

Madame_Duke

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bossy people.
I have been told that the pens are coming but thats all, i am still usung the mix it yourself vials

lynnhan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been on the weekly pen for over a year my bgl are good , I agree the needles arebig but the results are well worth the pain.Hang in there