Byetta And Insulin

IanBB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi There, Is there any T2s in here on both Byetta And Insulin.

Byetta gives me quite good control but my No's go skyward at night so GP wants to put me on Insulin at night but says I can't also take Byetta.

if No, is there anyone on say Victoza and Insulin or any other combination of Insulin and Non Insulin daily injections.

Really appreciate any replies and information on the above

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome

I can’t help with your query, I am afraid, but my post will bump your thread up to the top of the Recent list where hopefully someone with experience of your question will see it.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on byetta and insulin for a while. It helped curb my appetite for a while but gave me horrible sick feelings. I had to take omeprazole as well. I found that after a couple of years the effects wore off and it wasn’t really doing what it was supposed to. I am now on victoza as well as Humalog and levemir but because off the low carb diet and much better controlled blood sugars the consultant may take me off the victoza as well. Neither have done me any harm yet.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How long does the Byetta stay in your system......

If its depleted then in theory you could take a dose of insulin at night......

is there scope for more Byetta to help you deal with the highs with your own insulin supply....

gailkeggans

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Byetta gives me quite good control but my No's go skyward at night so GP wants to put me on Insulin at night but says I can't also take Byetta.

if No, is there anyone on say Victoza and Insulin or any other combination of Insulin and Non Insulin daily injections.

Hello, Yes, I am also T2 on Novomix and Byetta. It has not made me lose weight and my readings go up overnight while I am asleep! Seeing Endo soon to discuss.

JANIE_G

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi--have never taken Byetta, but I do take both insulin (Tujeo) and Victoza. The insulin was recently added, and it has helped, especially with high fasting blood glucose levels in the morning. I also take Jardiance, and that helped a lot, too. Hope you find a good combination to help with your highs overnight.

gailkeggans

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Kibera99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness,litter,and people texting whilst walking or driving.

I am T2 and inject Victoza 18 units in the morning,and Toujeo Insulin in the evening,with no problems,I also take Slow Release Metformin am and pm.Bloods are stable and everything works ok together.

IanBB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for that, I know they use Byetta with Insulin in the US but I can't use that with my GP, Now I am finding ppl in the UK who use Non Insulin combine with Insulin.

I did try Victoza instead of Byetta earlier in the year but it did nothing for me, however I am more than happy to try it again with Insulin to get me through the night (hopefully)

Thanks

Ian

IanBB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi--have never taken Byetta, but I do take both insulin (Tujeo) and Victoza. The insulin was recently added, and it has helped, especially with high fasting blood glucose levels in the morning. I also take Jardiance, and that helped a lot, too. Hope you find a good combination to help with your highs overnight.

Thanks for that, the more ppl I can find in the UK who take Non Insulin and Insulin at night is great ammo for me :)

Alvic

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hi Ian BB,i am taking Byetta injections 10mls morning before brekfeast & night before meals plus Lantus insulin 30 u morning & 50 u at night before dinner. Byetta helped me loose weight plus Lantus is controling my sugar levels. so good luck mate.Regards Alan C from Bowen, Queensland,Australia.

IanBB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Ian BB,i am taking Byetta injections 10mls morning before brekfeast & night before meals plus Lantus insulin 30 u morning & 50 u at night before dinner. Byetta helped me loose weight plus Lantus is controling my sugar levels. so good luck mate.Regards Alan C from Bowen, Queensland,Australia.
Hi Alan, thanks for the reply, its good to know that ppl are using Byetta with Insulin although I can't use you as an example for my GP as its different here in the UK
All the Best
Ian

IanBB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's good to know, are you in the UK? otherwise I cant use you as an example
All the Best

Ian

IanBB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How long does the Byetta stay in your system......

If its depleted then in theory you could take a dose of insulin at night......

is there scope for more Byetta to help you deal with the highs with your own insulin supply....
Hi, Byetta works for me but appears to be fully depleted after about 4 hrs after a meal. I have tried changing from Byetta twice a day before meals to three smaller meals with Byetta 1 hour prior but it hasn't seemed to have made any difference to my overnight numbers. Even tried having cheese and crackers just before bed with a shot of Byetta before eating but this made n difference to my fasting No's