C-section - Update Dec 20th

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Just a question to all, I didn't want to make another thread.. Are unexplained low BS a sign of placenta failure or is it that low BS cause placenta failure? I always thought it was a sign that your placenta is failing but a midwife has now said that it causes it to start failing

As far as I am aware yes, it can be a sign of your placenta failing but as mentioned above hypos can have various reasons and don't neccessarily mean your placenta is failing. I have never heard that low BS can cause the placenta to fail.
Just to say, I had hypos towards the end and my basal requirements did reduce but I asked my obs after my section whether my placenta was okay and she told me that it was perfectly fine and no signs anywhere of it failing. Which made me proud in a way!
Hope you're okay!

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @sekv it seems I am in the same boat as you were as that's exactly how I feel. I have seen consultants today and have had a scan which showed good blood flow in the umbilical cord. They still want me to deliver as soon as but they do not want to deliver the baby this early via section so are now looking to induce me tonight. However, I now somehow have the opposite problem and am having high readings so their worried about me going into labour the way things are. I am seeing a doctor this evening to get a second opinion. Thank you to you all for the replies and reassurance you have surely helped and will let you know whether I am being induced tonight or not. X

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have an update already.. they are going ahead and starting induction tonight. I've been warned to expect a lengthy induction as I'm only 35w + 5 days but here goes nothing lol:D

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have an update already.. they are going ahead and starting induction tonight. I've been warned to expect a lengthy induction as I'm only 35w + 5 days but here goes nothing lol:D

Good luck - and don't worry as induction can surprise you even if you're expecting a long one.

Rest as much as you can - try to doze or sleep - but also keep active when you're not sleeping as that can help things move along.

Sending you my love and best wishes xx

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck - and don't worry as induction can surprise you even if you're expecting a long one.

Rest as much as you can - try to doze or sleep - but also keep active when your not sleeping as that can help things move along.

Sending you my love and best wishes xx
Thank you! I'm hoping for a quick induction but also expecting and preparing for a long one:joyful: xx

Reactions: azure

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Good luck from me again too. I have everything crossed that you don't have to wait forever for baby to make an appearance xx

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone!
I was induced which worked quickly but I got an infection Called sepsis during labour so they decided to do an emergency c section. She was born at 00:38 on the 18th december. She is in special care on low dependency to regulate her blood sugars which are stable now so they are just making sure she is all okay:D

Reactions: sekv

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations!! What was her weight in the end as that's what they were concerned about wasn't it? xx

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Congratulations! Good luck with this period. It's hard physically, especially after a cs and with your sugars all over the place and emotionally.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Congratulations and welcome to the world baby girl, I hope you are recovering well from the sepsis infection and you have a wonderful Christmas X :)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Congrats, we need a piccie now. Glad all went well.

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you everyone for your kind comments:) she is doing so well. I haven't found it too difficult with regard to BS yet but obviously she isn't physically with me. I am recovering well from the section. @Ellie_Wilko she was only 7lbs 8oz in the end which was a complete shock as 2 weeks beforehand she was estimated to weigh 7lbs 9oz she is very petite lol:joyful:
Thank again everyone!

Reactions: azure

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Congratulations! Hope she is back with you very soon and you can go home for Christmas xx