Cake Recipes

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
I've been looking through some low carb cake recipes to try but there's so many different ones to choose from, and I'm a first timer!

What are your favourite recipes?

If you could link me to them, that would be great. I'll get my apron ready! :)

Reactions: lorraine95

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
That first one looks delicious! I have all the ingredients except whey protein powder, which is now winging its way to me from Amazon for next weekends treat. Thank you for sharing it! :hungry:
****, I need to visit your house see you next weekend!

Where would you say the best place for ingredients for these kind of cakes?

I will also take a look on amazon

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
****, I need to visit your house see you next weekend!

Where would you say the best place for ingredients for these kind of cakes?

I will also take a look on amazon
You’d be welcome to share my cake, it makes 10 servings, kids are at Uni so only two of us here now!
I’ve got a cupboard of weird and wonderful ingredients now, things I didn’t have before my diabetes diagnosis! I can get coconut cream, coconut oil, coconut flour, desiccated coconut, Splenda, chia and flax seeds from Tesco. I buy more peculiar things from Amazon such as psyllium husk, Sulkrin icing sugar alternative, Stevia vanilla drops and now whey protein powder from Amazon.

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
You’d be welcome to share my cake, it makes 10 servings, kids are at Uni so only two of us here now!
I’ve got a cupboard of weird and wonderful ingredients now, things I didn’t have before my diabetes diagnosis! I can get coconut cream, coconut oil, coconut flour, desiccated coconut, Splenda, chia and flax seeds from Tesco. I buy more peculiar things from Amazon such as psyllium husk, Sulkrin icing sugar alternative, Stevia vanilla drops and now whey protein powder from Amazon.
I can quite easily provide you with my son, now yours are at Uni? He's nearly 2 and will eat everything in your house, and more haha, just don't give him back too soon! ;)

Tesco and Amazon work for me, I'll have a look a bit later see what I can find.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, close to home we have a low carb section on the forum with a recipes thread, but they're not in any particular order, so you'll need to browse or search. But also right on your doorstep is our own Ewelina's Diabetic Good Baking web site.

I like quick and easy so I have a basic formula of ground almonds (or other ground nuts or nut/seed flours and meals), butter, eggs, to which I add various other ingredients and flavourings depending on what I fancy. I list some of these combinations in a couple of my posts about microwave muffins in our low carb recipes thread.

Hapy baking!:p

Robbity

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I make a basic cake / muffin mix by whizzing together
6 eggs
200g ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
6 tbsp erythritol ( used to use Splenda but have stopped using that as I dont like the idea of chlorinated sugar)
2 - 3 tbsp double cream or Greek yogurt

Then add other ingredients to make whatever kind of cake I fancy
Chocolate - add 3-4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder to the mix and whizz up with a stick blender / in food processor
Raspberry - put the mix into either silicone cake mould or muffin cases, add 1-1.5 punnets of raspberries
Coffee and pecan - Replace 1 tbsp cream with 1-2 shots of expresso, whizz up, add about 1/2 pkt pecan nuts to the mix when its in the cake mould / muffin cases
Lemon and blueberry - replace the vanilla essence and the cream with 1 tsp lemon extract and zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon. Whizz it up put in moulds then drop in 1 punnet of blueberries

Once everything is prepared, bake in the oven at 125 degrees until the cake / muffins are nicely set and have a golden top
Enjoy!

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
Well, close to home we have a low carb section on the forum with a recipes thread, but they're not in any particular order, so you'll need to browse or search. But also right on your doorstep is our own Ewelina's Diabetic Good Baking web site.

I like quick and easy so I have a basic formula of ground almonds (or other ground nuts or nut/seed flours and meals), butter, eggs, to which I add various other ingredients and flavourings depending on what I fancy. I list some of these combinations in a couple of my posts about microwave muffins in our low carb recipes thread.

Hapy baking!:p

Robbity

Cheers for the website, I'll take a look through it - basic sounds great :)

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
6 eggs
200g ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
6 tbsp erythritol ( used to use Splenda but have stopped using that as I dont like the idea of chlorinated sugar)

Chocolate - add 3-4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder to the mix and whizz up with a stick blender / in food processor
Raspberry - put the mix into either silicone cake mould or muffin cases, add 1-1.5 punnets of raspberries
Coffee and pecan - Replace 1 tbsp cream with 1-2 shots of expresso, whizz up, add about 1/2 pkt pecan nuts to the mix when its in the cake mould / muffin cases
Lemon and blueberry - replace the vanilla essence and the cream with 1 tsp lemon extract and zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon. Whizz it up put in moulds then drop in 1 punnet of blueberries

Once everything is prepared, bake in the oven at 125 degrees until the cake / muffins are nicely set and have a golden top
Enjoy!

Thanks very much Boo, this is really helpful I'll give it a shot!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6 eggs
200g ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essence

Enjoy!
Thanks for that basic recipe, I do like the idea of adapting it to different flavours. I’ve screen shot it for future reference. I’m going to do a coffee one for sure! :hungry:

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you enjoy.
Forgot to put that I find the recipe makes either 1 cake or 12 muffins

Reactions: Deanoh

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you enjoy.
Forgot to put that I find the recipe makes either 1 cake or 12 muffins
Ha ha great minds ... I just worked out the carb count for the whole lot, I make it 28g carbs, I just came back to ask how many portions it makes! So many thanks for that. That’s 2.3g per muffin, brilliant :)

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Inspired myself to do some baking - this time Ive put some unsweetened organic cacoa nibs in and upped the erythritol a tad ( those nibs are seriously bitter ) - think the eggs must have been a bit bigger than usual as the yield was 15 muffins this time. Wish Id thought to put some orange extract in - still theres always next time

Last edited:
Reactions: Rachox

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
@Rachox made the slow cooker cake!

Looks yummy :)

45203bdc-9841-4559-a0fd-98921a0287ab-jpeg.24533