Type 2 Calories In Lchf

engie1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been wondering whether calories need to be controlled on LCHF? Dr Michael Moseley was in a clip the Diet Doctor posted earlier today. It was a bit of the Jeremy Vine Show (from yesterday 27/08/16 I think).

JV asked him about calories and MM replied 'We-e-e-e-'ll ...'. The implication I took to mean, 'yes'.

What do you think? What's an appropriate calorie intake? I may have to 'intermittent fast' from breakfast until ... tomorrow's breakfast if this is true!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't bothered to count calories..I don't consider it to be important. Once you are running on fat and not carbs then you don't get so hungry. I find I can miss meals without pangs and often do so. I am however very low carb so I think that helps a lot.
Hope that helps.
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Forget calories as they are irrelevant and I wish they were removed from food packaging. The thing that matters is the ingredients of which carbs are the important one for us to note and keep down. Set yourself a daily carb limit to keep blood sugar in control and weight stable then have enough proteins and fats to keep you feeling full. The meter and weighing scales will tell you if you have the quantity and balance right.

Reactions: 2 people