Can diabetes be cured completely ???

Raj431972

Hello friends,

II have been able to reduce my blood glucose levels from nearly 200 to currently 92 by vegetarian food and herbal supplements.

I had been initially detected with pre symtoms of diabetes about 2 years back at sugar levels above 120 pre and post. Then about a year back it reached at 190 plus pre and post.

I had been regularly going to the gym and exercising due to which my sugar levels were around 150 to 160 levels.

About 2 months back, i commenced doing the following.

1) I started drinking 2 glasses of water every morning and 3 glasses of water (total about 2 litres a day) during the day.
2) I reduced my food intake to a minimal and vegetarian. Basic meals just to survive.
3) I commenced with drinking bitter herbal extract of 2 glasses everyday.
4) I ate half avocado daily along with apple, kiwi, and wheat flakes.
5) and the last thing i did was was drank a mixture of 100 grams of wheat, barley, gundara (eating gum) and onion seeds (all equal propositions after boiling them).

Today after about a month my sugar has gradually been reducing and I am completely normal. My current sugar levels are 92.

One thing has however happened, my sleeping time has increased from 6 hours to almost 9 hours daily.

Please let me know if I can be of any help to anybody. may be I have stumbled upon a cure for diabetes, and I would like to share the same with everyone.

Do write to me your views regarding this diet.

Regards
Raj431972

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The only way to know if you are cured is to now resume eating an unrestricted diet that includes bread, rice, pasta etc.
Many diabetics can achieve normal levels on various eating regimes but it does not mean they are cured and remember any diet has to be sustainable long term.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
angieG said:
The only way to know if you are cured is to now resume eating an unrestricted diet that includes bread, rice, pasta etc.
Many diabetics can achieve normal levels on various eating regimes but it does not mean they are cured and remember any diet has to be sustainable long term.

I totally agree, It is not cure, it is control.

I am on a so called vegan diet and it is working well. Sometimes if I cheat it does reveal the usual higher figures etc;

Raj431972 keep up your good control

Roy :)

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
angieG said:

So PROFESSOR Taylor is wrong?

He quite clearly says cured. My GP says cured. So long as you keep the weight under control once you are cured. According to people who are genuinely qualified.

Reactions: 2 people

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mongoose39uk said:
angieG said:

He quite clearly says cured. My GP says cured. So long as you keep the weight under control once you are cured. According to people who are genuinely qualified.

I didn't say you can't be cured....I said the only way to know is to resume a high carb diet and see how it affects your levels.
The OP is on a very restricted diet, if he is cured he now should be able to eat anything in any quantity.....if that is the case he is cured.
If you have to restrict any foods and possibly not get a balanced diet then you are not cured.

johnco

With type 2 diabetes you either produce too little insulin, or the insulin you do produce can`t work as well because you have insulin resistance. Both scenarios can be vastly improved by diet and/or weight loss. But you will still have the weakened pancreas or impaired glucose resistance! There is no cure at the moment.
The `research`you point to, was done over a six week period - not a long enough time to be of any use to anyone except those who have not read the information freely available on the internet already. Your glucose meter is your best friend and is not swayed by costs - unlike the doctors who try to keep our treatment within a government cost boundary
Regards Johnc.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
johnco said:
With type 2 diabetes you either produce too little insulin, or the insulin you do produce can`t work as well because you have insulin resistance. Both scenarios can be vastly improved by diet and/or weight loss. But you will still have the weakened pancreas or impaired glucose resistance! There is no cure at the moment.
The `research`you point to, was done over a six week period - not a long enough time to be of any use to anyone except those who have not read the information freely available on the internet already. Your glucose meter is your best friend and is not swayed by costs - unlike the doctors who try to keep our treatment within a government cost boundary
Regards Johnc.

Please go and read it again and the follow up. Yes it was a small study but it was for 8 weeks not 6 plus a follow up. The pancreas is no longer weakend.

Insulin production was back to normal levels at the end of 8 weeks.

If you care to go and find the information there are follow ups with others who have done it and there is a new study with results which are expected to be published at the end of this year/early next year.

As for costs, its not going to save the NHS much as not many are going to be able to stick to it.

sandysan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
well I don't know im still in denial I was diagnosed a week ago , I have asked this qeastion more than once ,
the last four months I have had a skin rash come out on me I had a biopsy and it said inflamtion ,, then I went for a normal hb1ac
and I was shocked when they told me I was a diabetic the range is 6.5 I was 2 over the borderline 6.7 ..
I am still qeaustioing , am I a real diabetic , or is the inflammation making my blood sugar go up and showing im diabetic ,

or is the skin rash I have from diabeities
maybe controlling your diet when you are diabetic is good and brings your bg levels to normal ,and you think your cured ? but what happenes when you start eating all the rubbish again ???? if you can tolerate eating all the rubbish again and you bs don't go up I would then say its a cure ,
but ifit does go back up then I would say you are a diabetic as the only thing controlling it is your diet ,
I might be totally wrong but this is how I see it at the moment altho I don't know a lot im only just diagnosed t2 diet controlled and I am big 17st .
who knows this might not just be my weight and when I loose a few stone I might not be diabetic again .

wishfull thinking

Victor Owo

Dislikes
Dirty people
There was a time i was on a very strict diet,ate very little and very healthy. My sugar levels came down to a very low 45mg/dl, way lower than the recommended. I got really scared and drank 2 bottles of soda at once. After a while i did a test and it rose to 62mg/dl and i maintained at that for a short while. The only way one can be sure he is cured is to take normal carbs and observe if sugar levels will rise.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Mongoose39uk said:

He quite clearly says cured. My GP says cured.

IMHO yes he and your GP are both wrong as at present there is NO cure for diabetes. I thought Prof Taylor always talked of reversal but I could be wrong, and as far as I am aware non of its participants have been declared cured by Prof Taylor or anyone else.

In fact the Newcastle study used such a small group of people that no definitive answers have been drawn from it, again as far as I am aware.

It may be that in certain cases of pre diabetes that it may conceivably be reversed to a state where it could be called by some as being cured but it will always be there in the background waiting to bite the unwary.

Diabetes is a condition that is still not fully understood which may be why there is still no cure. There are many claims of cures but non that have been repeated by other people and that is the test.

sandysan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
yes I agree with you sid thinking about it ,, I was prediabetic for 2 years and bangggg , the only thing you can do I think is just try and eat healthy, what ever that is :crazy:

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
sandysan said:
yes I agree with you sid thinking about it ,, I was prediabetic for 2 years and bangggg , the only thing you can do I think is just try and eat healthy, what ever that is :crazy:

But did you do anything about it in those 2 years Sandy?

It *MAY* have been possible if you had done something like the Newcastle Diet at t that time your situation would not have deteriorated.

I kept my head in the sand for a long time. I wish I had joined this forum before my symptoms got worse.

Cara

sandysan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi carrie ,

well I didn't really know or understand what diabetes was , when I was borderline ,just that it was high sugar , that's about it ,
so I didn't diet or control it because I wasn't a diabetic ,,

but I can see your point , what your saying , and now im controlling diet , im about 5.5 before food and 2 hours after sometimes 7,7 others 6.7

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Surely the only way to know if you are cured is to do a glucose tolerance test and see how long it takes for your blood sugar to come down to normal levels.

Plenty of people eat a diet of carby **** and don't have any problems maintaining their blood sugar within a normal range because they are not diabetic.

I agree that any cure that depends on a restricted diet is not a cure, but control.

The only cure I am aware of is a pancreas transplant, now that would be a proper cure.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
By the way that's filed away with thr opions of the two people in the last few weeks told me they don't want to be cured as they will loose their free prescriptions.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Mongoose39uk said:
Opinions of bumbling amateurs filed away. I will keep up with the research and give it a crack.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

If you post on a site for diabetics rather than for professional researchers of course you will get the opinions of 'bumbling amateurs'. What did you expect?

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Clarity that they are just opinions and some support for the original poster not just "no" wrapped up.

Not even a "no one is sure yet but there is some interesting research being done

dm1983

IMHO yes he and your GP are both wrong as at present there is NO cure for diabetes. I thought Prof Taylor always talked of reversal but I could be wrong, and as far as I am aware non of its participants have been declared cured by Prof Taylor or anyone else.

In fact the Newcastle study used such a small group of people that no definitive answers have been drawn from it, again as far as I am aware.

It may be that in certain cases of pre diabetes that it may conceivably be reversed to a state where it could be called by some as being cured but it will always be there in the background waiting to bite the unwary.

Diabetes is a condition that is still not fully understood which may be why there is still no cure. There are many claims of cures but non that have been repeated by other people and that is the test.

Yep.

The nurse told me the other day that some would say the stage I have reached would be considered reverse diabetes.

She did point out though that it will always kind of be sitting there and could well flare up again should I go silly with my lifestyle.