Type 1 Can I request a HumaPen Savvio from my doctor? Also, what do you think of the HumaPen Savvio?

dustyblush

Hello there everyone.

I’ve only been a diabetic for four months now but have been educating myself on it - all aspects and all things.

I came across the HumaPen Savvio online and love how it’s discreet and reusable. It appeals to me and I really would like to replace both my one-time use basal and bosul pens with these permenant ones.

However, I was wondering what the deal is with asking my doctor? And would I have to pay for them? (I don’t mind this really as they’d last longer and be better for the environment.) Would my doctor be OK with changing my prescription to insulin cartridges instead of insulin pens? I don’t know if we’re allowed to have options or are just meant to go with what we’re given... I’d love to have options!

Have any of you guys used the HumaPen Savvio and what do you think of them? Do they last you a long time?

Thank you.

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there everyone.

I’ve only been a diabetic for four months now but have been educating myself on it - all aspects and all things.

I came across the HumaPen Savvio online and love how it’s discreet and reusable. It appeals to me and I really would like to replace both my one-time use basal and bosul pens with these permenant ones.

However, I was wondering what the deal is with asking my doctor? And would I have to pay for them? (I don’t mind this really as they’d last longer and be better for the environment.) Would my doctor be OK with changing my prescription to insulin cartridges instead of insulin pens? I don’t know if we’re allowed to have options or are just meant to go with what we’re given... I’d love to have options!

Have any of you guys used the HumaPen Savvio and what do you think of them? Do they last you a long time?

Thank you.
@Grumpy ole thing ?

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Hi @dustyblush, I have a savvio pen, it works the same as the others, savvio doesn't measure half units, and takes Humalog/HumalinI etc (im not certain of the brand name). Its fab...mostly coz I like the colour (metallic pink). Its a little bit smaller than the echo pen which I also use (for basal insulin). Pens are determined by the insulin brand, so you would need to check that your insulin is compatible (sorry I don't know much about disposable pens)

Mine came from the dafne course I went on, they had loads of different ones to choose from (again dependent on the insulin). Ive used this one several times a day for a couple of years so they last a long time. Might as well have one that's cute if you can ;-) xx hope this helps but any other questions feel free to let me know x

Last edited: