Can I take novamix 30 after meal as a one off

jan123

Hi guys and gals

Currently in a hotel and going to go to dinner, don't want to take insulin pen downstairs with me, can I eat and then come back to room and take it? I am on novamix 30 any response greatfully received :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Jan. As Sue stated. Plus this information.

This is from the NovoNordisk website here in the UK.

3. How to use NovoMix® 30

Eat a meal or snack containing carbohydrates
within 10 minutes of the injection. NovoMix 30
may also be given soon after the meal.

It would be best to have it after your meal as you may not get your meal within the 10 minute time frame.

Ken.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Jan.

We both wish you a nice evening and Bon Appetit..... :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Jan,

Hope you enjoyed your night out :)

I take Humulin S which I have to inject 30 to 40 minutes before eating and when I eat out I discretely inject into my abdomen straight through my shirt without revealing any flesh, I felt slightly self concious doing this the first couple of times but now I do it without thinking, I refuse to skulk off to some dirty toilet to inject myself, and if anyone has a problem with that it is their problem not mine.

I doubt if anyone has seen me do this as most people are more interested in their own food or company to worry about what I am doing

Just remind yourself, you are diabetic not a junky and do what has to be done :D