Can t2 have cheat day?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a cheat day every day - I eat low carb and cheat diabetes of its possible consequences.
Nothing tastes better than feeling my little grandson treading on my toes as he tries to clamber up onto my lap.

Ly_atdia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a cheat day every day - I eat low carb and cheat diabetes of its possible consequences.
Nothing tastes better than feeling my little grandson treading on my toes as he tries to clamber up onto my lap.

That's sweet.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your cheating no one but yourself - you cannot cheat diabetes - nobody but yourself can give you permission to cheat

Reactions: worriedwart

Ly_atdia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Ly_atdia ..
Not sure I understand any of this .. just who are you cheating?
But then, I guess it's different strokes for different folks

I was posting the question about can we have a cheat day like eat whatever we want. When we remain in good range!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
here you can see what are the truely non-diabetic levels it is the green area, the yellow is the prediabetic area and all the shades of orange up till bloody dark red are diabetic levels

50shades - Copy.png

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
I was posting the question about can we have a cheat day like eat whatever we want. When we remain in good range!
At the risk of repeating myself, I don't understand. Just who are you cheating? .. or, alternatively, Why? .. what's the point if you are in "good range"?

Reactions: Ly_atdia

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem is that carbs are highly addictive and once you start it is difficult to stop and then you start having lots of cheat days and wreck all the good work you have done lowering your blood sugar.

I used to like eating chocolate biscuits and crisps, but haven't eaten them for at least six months. Eventually, my tolerance for carbs may increase, but I am in no hurry to test this.

Ly_atdia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
At the risk of repeating myself, I don't understand. Just who are you cheating? .. or, alternatively, Why? .. what's the point if you are in "good range"?

So I have t2. And now like since diagnosed I was strict with my diet. Low card, small proportion. And I am controll my t2 smoothly. So I was asking if I can have a break and take a mouthful of juicy hamburger as a reward for what I do for a long time!

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
So I have t2. And now like since diagnosed I was strict with my diet. Low card, small proportion. And I am controll my t2 smoothly. So I was asking if I can have a break and take a mouthful of juicy hamburger as a reward for what I do for a long time!
You can, of course, do exactly what you want to. My point is simply that I don't understand why .. and I also don't understand why you need to ask for permission to "cheat" .. it's your diabetes, your life and your choice

Reactions: James13 and Jaylee

Ly_atdia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You can, of course, do exactly what you want to. My point is simply that I don't understand why .. and I also don't understand why you need to ask for permission to "cheat" .. it's your diabetes, your life and your choice

I ask to see if someone have a great idea of that.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I often have a mouthful of a juicy hamburger. Just no bun and no ketchup.
Nothing wrong with a burger.

I used to have 'Cheat' meals until they just weren't worth the consequences. And as said, who was I cheating? Only myself and my meter always reminded me. Sometimes for days for one single meal. I love my food and no reason to cheat. I lost my sweet tooth anyway. Most importantly I love my meter numbers.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
take a mouthful of juicy hamburger
That is fine on a low carb diet especially if you have made it yourself from just beef... it's the bun and the fries that are bad.
I also find this "cheat" thing confusing? Why would I want to deliberately hurt my own body? And why would I ask a bunch of strangers on a forum if this was ok? If you are seeking permission then I'm afraid I would say no, it's a bit of a silly thing to do.
But I have put a lot of effort into lowering my HbA1c so wouldn't want to risk damaging myself just to eat stuff that I don't want to eat any more and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I often eat beefburgers - I have just bought a dozen steak quarter pounders to freeze - I eat them with onions, mushrooms and a green salad - not boring bread rolls.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd say everyone is different you do what works for you... eat to your meter. I do recall when I first diagnosed being told the occasional treat is allowed as they understood we're human and can't always stick to strict rules. So rather than have what you call a cheat day, just have a treat for a meal or snack. Some people will say never and stick to your guns and eat a strict diet. But in reality most people when they diet for example can't stick to it 100% long term. So you've got to do what works long term. As for me I have other medical conditions that gives me food restrictions so I don't get a choice that way because if I eat the wrong thing I suffer the consequence with lots of pain and symptoms. I'm sure you just will figure out what you can and can't do for your BGL's.

Ly_atdia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'd say everyone is different you do what works for you... eat to your meter. I do recall when I first diagnosed being told the occasional treat is allowed as they understood we're human and can't always stick to strict rules. So rather than have what you call a cheat day, just have a treat for a meal or snack. Some people will say never and stick to your guns and eat a strict diet. But in reality most people when they diet for example can't stick to it 100% long term. So you've got to do what works long term. As for me I have other medical conditions that gives me food restrictions so I don't get a choice that way because if I eat the wrong thing I suffer the consequence with lots of pain and symptoms. I'm sure you just will figure out what you can and can't do for your BGL's.
Okay. I understand. From now.
Thanks everyone. For your lovely comments ,advice

Reactions: Mep