can this be true

southerly1

About 5 days ago I believe I caught some sort of virus which gave me the most horrendous trots, it was the worse I have ever had and after 4 days the 4 night was the worse so I went to the doctors. I had not been taking metformin or the kicker during this time as food I thought had not been inside me long enough to raise my sugar level. After one bad day and night I noticed my sugar level in the morning had gone up from the normal 4,5 ish to 5,5 so I thought thats because my body is fighting some sort of infection and automatically raising my sugar level , which it should do. Then I gradually recovered and started eating and holding it all in. I have been testing my sugar level every 2 hours since and am wondering as to why I am thinking of taking tablets as the level has stayed at about 5,5 it is raised to 7 some 2 hours after a meal but by 3 hours is at 4,6 which seems fine I have heard that shock can kick the system into working again I am still testing but hoping that by careful eating I can keep off the tablets and possibly improve. Any Ideas?

Bellx15

Dislikes
Bigotry, prejudice, insincerity, blind deference to authority. The medical / pharmaceutical industry's shameless exploitation of people for profit.
I'm no doctor, but I'd definitely keep off the tablets and continue to watch your BG levels. They look completely normal to me. My BG level was in the mid-teens, and I controlled it with diet and exercise. Metformin had horrible effects.

southerly1

dear belle, I dont think I could control mine with diet as I have to eat what everyone else does, canteen food, but will keep a careful check, and see what happens. the diaprim is the one I want to get off, more than the metformin, and both would be a bonus. regards

SouthernGeneral6512

Bellx15 said:
I'm no doctor, but I'd definitely keep off the tablets and continue to watch your BG levels. They look completely normal to me. My BG level was in the mid-teens, and I controlled it with diet and exercise. Metformin had horrible effects.
If you don't mind me asking what horrible effects did it have? I find it makes me light headed and makes me feel sick to my stomach :sick:

Bellx15

Dislikes
Bigotry, prejudice, insincerity, blind deference to authority. The medical / pharmaceutical industry's shameless exploitation of people for profit.
I went on it for about four weeks and by the end of that I was getting all sorts of abdominal pains - sharp knife-stabs, burning aches, muscle ripples, ribcage soreness, to the point where I was lying awake at night and had to get up and move around. It was awful.

I've come off the Metformin about a week now and the discomforts are fading.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Most medics would say to keep taking the medication if you are ill .
I know if Iget an upset stomach, I don't and that works for me, but DO keep checking BG. Even if you don't normally get srips, they should give you them whilst you are ill.
Hana