Can you help me with weight loss?

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to lose 8 stones. I found a company that delivers 500kcal meals. Can I use that to make a plan to lose those 8 stones the fastest way?

Also, would it be a big problem if the meals contain 50g protein and 50g carbs and veggies? I mean are they too carby? I am worried that carbs will inhibit the autophagy and thus my skin won't tighten, plus I am worried that I won't be in ketosis which apparently prevents muscle loss, so I will also lose muscle.

Any advice? Ideally, is there a service that can deliver cooked meat/fish/eggs and salad so that I will do low carb diet?

Thanks!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I could eat one a day and just about lose weight.

My problem has always been carbs - I can eat anything else, in fact if I don't eat enough fat I don't lose any weight.

Unfortunately there is such a belief that carbs are essential, fat is bad etc. that there would not be any takers for a low carb high fat diet regime, but it is really easy to do Atkins eating easily available foods - when away from home I have no trouble in finding things to eat straight off the supermarket shelves or that can be cooked on a camping stove.

Reactions: spook_kate_

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
500 calories is very little. Even the Newcastle diet is 800 calories. You could put your body in starvation mode on as few as 500.
Also, 50g carbs per meal would send my blood sugars sky high, and you would certainly not be in ketosis and would end up very hungry..

I am wondering why you are asking about low carb meals being delivered - meat, fish, eggs and salads are easy enough to make at home, and you know exactly what is in them.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup, way too carby for me and I'm sure loaded with nasties and preservative.

Meat fish eggs and poultry are a snap to make. You can batch cook and freeze to make it easier. No need to get fancy
Add some above ground veggies, salad greens or lettuce wraps.
Then add some fat like avocado, olive oil, mayo, nuts or olives. No need to get complicated.

Ditch the carbs in favor of fat , moderate your protein and watch the weight drop off ( it does for most people but not all)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There were quite a few suggestion on the other thread you started but you never went back and replied...
Is there a reason why you don't want to or can't cook for yourself?
The best way to control your carb intake is to make your own food rather than buy it in. Try a week of eggs and bacon for every meal maybe only twice a day. Would be a good intro to LCHF.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, I don't want to cook on my own, I want a delivery service that will count the calories and be professionally balanced. I know you can do that yourself, but I want it delivered.

I am looking for a low carb delivery service, but it seems there isn't any? that at least can deliver cooked meat and salad?

If not, how can I tailor this company's 300kcal and 500kcal meals into a weight loss plan? Based on my body type and exercise level, I consume 2500kcal per day. Taking it from there, I believe I should aim on 1500kcal, right?

So what plan can I follow?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carb is not low calorie - weightloss can be faster if you eat more - which is contrary to scientific thinking, but on low carb calories just do not add up.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, I want to try with low calorie diet first. I find it very difficult to keep up with low carb, given that I eat out most of the time.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I had no issue at all on 800 calorie, starvation mode seemed to be an urban myth.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I had no issue at all on 800 calorie, starvation mode seemed to be an urban myth.
Only once you detox your liver, I've found. Get past the liver being detoxed the starvation doesn't trigger liver dumps. The worse shape of the liver, the longer the detox is needed. Again, I found.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Is that with ketogenic diet or with any diet?

I have done classic nhs diets, and 800 calorie shakes. I haven't done a ketogenic diet.
If I need to lose any weight nowadays, I tend to cut down (even more) on fat.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Only once you detox your liver, I've found. Get past the liver being detoxed the starvation doesn't trigger liver dumps. The worse shape of the liver, the longer the detox is needed. Again, I found.

I don't really check my liver dumps, (although my liver could certainly live with a detox), but as to 'starvation mode' I referred to the principle some on here believe a very low calorie diet makes you gain weight, as your body adapts and somehow believes it can use less energy, and store more in a famine.
My body is a classic feast and famine, when I overeat, it lays down fat, which it burns off in the next famine.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It definitely is not an urban myth. It has happened to me and others on this forum. I reckon it's less likely to happen in males though as they generally have more muscle than females to keep the metabolism working.

@carbolysis I am a bit concerned that you want to lose as much as 8 stones quickly. The first 2 stones (for example) will be a great help to your health.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You have to find what diet suits your system. We are all different. I have other hormonal distractions too, not just diabetes.
We are all different.
Once you find the right foods for you, its much much easier!

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just need to know how many carbs were in the newcastle experiment, please.