Canagliflozin

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Update - stopping the canagliflozin has had the desired effect. The water infections have stopped completely. Only trouble is that my blood sugars are up despite adding sitagliptin. Neverending, isn't it? I kept a few canagliflozin back when my doc told me to stop taking them, thinking about trying every other day - what do you canagliflozin warriors think?

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had a discussion with my DN who has suggested I start on this. Since I've always been susceptible to thrush I am a bit concerned about this one. I have to have kidney function checked before I take it, so I have time to think about this.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Try and get the med to work for you @Providence 62 . I tried every other day but couldnt get rid of thrush as circulating sugar was lower on meter but bladder full of sugary urine. New med cannot tell anyone if this is safe longterm.
I wasn't happy to risk unknown complications for science. I stopped canagliflozin.
I dont think my hba1c was below 60 on it either.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Thanks @ickihun for your feedback. I have tried taking my old dose today so let's see how things are tomorrow morning. I have also made it my business to drink a LOT of water.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Hi @ickihun and everyone else. The sugars were much improved this morning. Now let's see how they are after a day with no canagliflozin. Still drinking lots of water.

P

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I am going to continue documenting my canagliflozin issues is that's okay with everyone?

Today's morning reading was 8.3 - no canagliflozin yesterday. Going to try another dose today and see how that goes.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
yes, down again after a day on canagliflozin. 7.6. Going to make an appointment to see my GP next week after a bit more testing. Always like to have the doc agree my medication regime.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I have stayed at 7.6 after a day without canagliflozin. Am hopeful I may have hit on a way of getting the benefits of what is for me a wonder drug.