Can't eat breakfast

jackgard

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
My 16 year old daughter hasT1, she really struggles to eat breakfast in the morning before going to school. Can anyone suggest what she could eat to make sure she doesn't have a dip in blood sugars. She likes to inject before school as doesn't like to do it in school, so really does need to it something. Thank you

elainechi

hi...is your daughter on twice a day insulin or mdi??? my daughter is in twice a day and didn.t like breakfast so now i actually give her a cooked breakfast...egg on toast bacon sandwich...only 1slice of bread though then at 10am she has pkt of mini rice cakes to eat in class..keeps her level out of hypo land....tried cereal bars yoghurts but they dissappearvtoo quickly

Spearmint

My daughter isn't a big breakfast eater either!
She's been having a pack of breakfast biscuits and a cup of milk for the last 8 months which keep her filled up until lunch time and don't spike her high like most boxed cereals.

jackgard

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I will try the breakfast biscuits as I don't think she would eat anything cooked first thing. Is it the belvita biscuits?

Spearmint

She started having the Belvita breakfast biscuits and i would stock up when they were on offer, when not on offer i got an alternative make from B&M and more recently as they are on offer she has had the new McVities breakfast biscuits.
With a 200ml cup of milk they all work out about 45g of carbs in total.