Carb Counting, a positive story.

D4rren2016

Just a quick one really. A year or so ago I started carb counting as my diabetes control was all over the place. Was a massive struggle at the beginning to get my head around it (I did make a few posts on here as I was struggling). Anyway i persevered with it and the struggles I had ( looking on this forum helped me an awful lot so thank you all). I'm just here to say it was all worth it as I've got my HBAC1 down from a 77, to 42 after 6 months and my latest reading today was at 41 and I've never felt better!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Smashing work!

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Totally worth it! Blood sugars never do exactly what you want them to and even with the most accurate carb counting, you can get unpredictable numbers, but it certainly helps if you do put in the effort to count them anyway. Keep it up!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well done @D4rren2016 fabulous to hear such a positive story, it really does pay off if you put the effort in :)

D4rren2016

Well done @D4rren2016 fabulous to hear such a positive story, it really does pay off if you put the effort in :)
This forum has helped me out immensely and I think it shows the power online forums and the sharing of experiences has on people. So I think the credit has to go to all the contributors to this forum and sharing their experiences.

Reactions: Salvia