Treatment type
Insulin

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What carbs? Starchy carbs make me miserable. Achy, sleepy, hungry etc. For me, it is normal. That's why o don't eat them. Except veggies

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat

slinkimalinki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
anything pastry, bread and white rice
im at drs at the end of the month so ill ask her
may just be another condition to add to the list
Do you test to see your blood glucose numbers. The sickly feeling could be your numbers shooting up. You should try the LCHF way of eating, low carbs, higher healthy fats. My numbers came down and are steadily in the mid 4 to low 5 range and I feel 1000% better than 12 months ago.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
Do you test to see your blood glucose numbers. The sickly feeling could be your numbers shooting up. You should try the LCHF way of eating, low carbs, higher healthy fats. My numbers came down and are steadily in the mid 4 to low 5 range and I feel 1000% better than 12 months ago.
yes i allways check
sometimes they can be at 6 and sometimes over 8 and i feel the same
its been happening for a few weeks now but ive also started having coffee again and ive had what i thought was a headache for a few weeks which has turned into another tooth infection.....so im wondering if im blaming food when it could well be the coffee or infection

S

serenity648

could be your antibiotics for your tooth infection.

on the other hand, I feel sick when I have anything with white flour in, or when I used to eat white rice or pasta.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
could be your antibiotics for your tooth infection.

on the other hand, I feel sick when I have anything with white flour in, or when I used to eat white rice or pasta.
not on antibiotics yet, tooth pain kicked in friday evening so have to wait until tomorrow to be seen :(

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A middle-age friend of mine has only recently be diagnosed with Coeliac as he found he could no longer tolerate many carbs. Your problems could be anything but bear in mind Coeliac as one possibility. I guess trying gluten-free carbs might be a test?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@licklemoose - I see from your profile information that you take Metformin? Some people find that if they have too many carbs, whilst taking Metforim, they can feel a bit off colour.

It could be an idea to do a food, bloods and feelings diary before you see your Doc, to record what you ate, your numbers and how you felt. That might help the Doc pinpoint things a bit more readily.