carob

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.
Hello, I have always been a keen baker and was given a diabetes dessert cook book for christmas. However its an american/usa cook book and alot of recipies contain carob. I had never heard of it so looked it up online.

What I really want to know is have any of u tried this and is it anything like chocolate? Because if its not as good i will continue to use high cocoa level dark chocolate, and only eat small amounts.
thank you

Ani xxx

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Hello, I have always been a keen baker and was given a diabetes dessert cook book for christmas. However its an american/usa cook book and alot of recipies contain carob. I had never heard of it so looked it up online.

What I really want to know is have any of u tried this and is it anything like chocolate? Because if its not as good i will continue to use high cocoa level dark chocolate, and only eat small amounts.
thank you

Ani xxx
Yes I have had some, in holland and Barrett, and other health food shops, it's not bad......

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I had some years ago-wasn't keen-I guess it's an acquired taste.

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.
Ok well thank you for ur comments, maybe i will get some and see how it goes and if i dont like it maybe use cocoa or plain chocolate depending on the recipie.

Thanx again xxx

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah I tried a carob bar maybe 10-15 years ago. To say I didnt like it would be a bit of an understatement. i'll stick to the 85% dark chcoolate from lidl I think.

Reactions: 4 people

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried Carob years before I was diagnosed with diabetes. Anything I made with it always ended up tasting like that really cheap chocolate that comes in pound shop advent calendars! I would definitely substitute with a good quality cocoa powder or high % cocoa dark chocolate.