Carpal Tunnel a Predictor of Diabetes!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was just reading another post from someone who has lots of health issues and has now been diagnosed with diabetes, sorry I can't find the thread now! Amongst the diagnoses was Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I have had Carpal tunnel on and off in both hands since I was pregnant with my son (he's now 21!) My left hand became severe enough to require surgery last summer. I just Googled "link between Carpal Tunnel and Diabetes", and guess what? It bought me straight back to Diabetes.co.uk. To this page: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-complications/carpal-tunnel.html
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has both?

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was just reading another post from someone who has lots of health issues and has now been diagnosed with diabetes, sorry I can't find the thread now! Amongst the diagnoses was Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I have had Carpal tunnel on and off in both hands since I was pregnant with my son (he's now 21!) My left hand became severe enough to require surgery last summer. I just Googled "link between Carpal Tunnel and Diabetes", and guess what? It bought me straight back to Diabetes.co.uk. To this page: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-complications/carpal-tunnel.html
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has both?
I had carpal tunnel in both hands in the 80s and had each hand operated on then.I was diagnosed with D2 in 2001.I don't know if there is a connection.After being pain free for years I now have pain again,not as severe as before,I've tended to blame it on my age!My GP sent me for physio,not sure it helped!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm not diabetic, but I've had carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand.
I had it done with surgery and would recommend it.
Pain free since, just wish they could do something about my thumbs. Had the cortisol injections which has been some relief but keeps coming back. Useless my thumbs!

All work related!

Don't know if it is the diabetes, I know there is a huge link with pregnancy.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not diabetic, but I've had carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand.
I had it done with surgery and would recommend it.
Pain free since, just wish they could do something about my thumbs. Had the cortisol injections which has been some relief but keeps coming back. Useless my thumbs!

All work related!

Don't know if it is the diabetes, I know there is a huge link with pregnancy.
Indeed I developed it during my first pregnancy but went away when my son was born, only for it to return three years later when I was pregnant with my daughter. It never really disappeared completely then til I had surgery.

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Carpal tunnel right arm, started about 15 years back when I had a job using computer mice (3) all day long. Does come back now and then but not so bad as it was. T2 diagnosed March this year, but some symptoms recognisable a few years back, now I know about them.

Reactions: Rachox
D

Deleted member 388305

Not quite, but I had trigger finger in a couple of fingers and the doctor said that they didn't know what the connection was, but that it was common to find in diabetics. I was guilty of overuse in a big way (computer programming and classical guitar concerts during the same time period).