Carpel Tunnel syndrome

Pauntiep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone had the surgery? How long was revovery/time off work. How soon could you drive.

Thanks

P x

Yai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone had the surgery? How long was revovery/time off work. How soon could you drive.

Thanks

P x
Yes, both hands done separately , immediately solved the problem. From memory was off work for 3 weeks, but could not drive for 6 weeks. Recovery of my dominant hand was longer, as it was hard to resist using it, and picking up my grandson didn't help! The only painful part of the operation was the initial injection. No problem with either hand since

Pauntiep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, both hands done separately , immediately solved the problem. From memory was off work for 3 weeks, but could not drive for 6 weeks. Recovery of my dominant hand was longer, as it was hard to resist using it, and picking up my grandson didn't help! The only painful part of the operation was the initial injection. No problem with either hand since
Thanks Yai

Did you also get pain in your shoulder with your carpel tunnel syndrome?

kentish maid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who tell me I don't need to test my blood
I have had both mine done and I agree the worst part was the initial injection I was also able to watch the operation I had to rest my hand for a month then back to normal,

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I Have had both hands done, agree its the initial injection was the most painful, was only off for one week each hand and was back driving in 10 days, no adverse effects after.

DAC1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Swede
Also had both hands done. Back at work after 2 days (office worker at the time) and driving, safely, after a week. I'm lucky to be a good, quick healer and so your return to work really does depend on the type of work you do and how well you heal. But do be careful for a couple of days after the op as the wound needs a chance to 'knit' properly.

Pauntiep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your replies. I am a typist and use a computer all day. It's the recovery time I'm most concerned about, and when I will be able to return to work.

Pauntiep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, for a long while I was being treated for a bad neck!
I've been treated for shoulder impingement and get terrible pain, did the operation reduce shoulder pain as well as problems with fingers?