Cashew nuts /Peanuts

reb999000

Dislikes
Liverpool FC & Chelsea FC.
I am just asking this question in regards to Cashew and Peanuts (salted only ones) would this be quite safe for me to have these only in moderation as me being a type 1 diabetic?

I will much appreciate any advice on this.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi.
Makes no difference whether you are a T1, T2 or whatever. I am actually sitting having about 50grams of M & S Roasted and Salted Cashew Nuts. Carbs per 100g weight = 20.5g

Therefore my 50g portion works out at just 10.5g carbs. Ideal for a snack or an addition to your main meal. Minimal sodium intake too. I watch my BP too.
(20.5g/100 = 0.205g x 50 = 10.25g carbs)

Enjoy.

NickW

As cugila says, they're a great snack. I'd suggest testing to see whether you need any insulin for them; you might not if you're only eating a smallish amount, but it's worth testing. I know I personally need a unit of insulin per 30g cashews, but of course it varies from person to person.

Most other nuts have far fewer carbs and might be "better" choices in terms of your control, but there's no getting round the fact that cashews and peanuts just taste far nicer than other nuts!

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I love ALL nuts. I've started to buy Salted Pistachio Nuts for snacking on. They're lo-carb, and high in fibre. The best bit is - you have to shell 'em as you eat 'em. This slows you down, so you end up eating less.

Perfick for watching TV with!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trouble with nuts is they taste too good. They are slao packed with fat and calories (not too mention salt), so as with most things moderation should be exercised.

Problem is, I like them too much, so find moderation very difficult to exercise. I haven't come across a bag of salted pistachios which was too big for me to finnish off, once I started. :)

Regards

Pavlos

Fujifilm

pavlosn said:
I like them too much, so find moderation very difficult to exercise. I haven't come across a bag of salted pistachios which was too big for me to finnish off, once I started. :)

I am like that with everything :D Just one more :lol:

reb999000

Dislikes
Liverpool FC & Chelsea FC.
Dear All,

Thanks ever so much everyone! Much appreciate all the helpful advice you folks have given me.

reb999000.