1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cell novo

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by brett, Nov 4, 2017.

1. brett

brett Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Should be starting on the cell novo pump early December. Had app confirmed. Just wondering anyone else using this pump? And how do they get on with it. Previously had accu chek combo but 4 years was up in April this year. Local hospital issues caused a long delay in getting new pump.

2. WHM

WHM Type 1 · Active Member

Hi Brett
    I’ve been using the Cellnovo system for a year now (previously Omnipod and Animas Vibe), when it works well I think it is much better than those two. HOWEVER I have had lots of issues with it including cartridge failures, handset issues, communication issues.
    The helpline staff are very good with advice and replacing faulty items and the company are in the process of automating production of the cartridges which should produce a more reliable product.
    On the plus side you can remove and replace the pump & cartridge when required, unlike the Omnipod pump operation is silent (irritating clicks from Omnipod pump when delivering I found) also it is the only handset I have used which allows you to read the screen in bright sunshine much like a smartphone. Also the glucose results and all pump actions are uploaded automatically to a Cellnovo server so no hassle with Diasend anymore!
    Hope this helps, don’t hesitate to ask if I can help with anything else.
    Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook