Cellnovo Pump

pyney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jbeer1972

I had a dummy Omnipod to try a couple of weeks back and that stayed firm. My PCT has 4 patients on the Cellnovo and I will be getting one sometime in March when their capacity has increased.

Trying hard to get my total insulin requirement down so I can get 3 days out of each set.

Does the handset come in a case with test strip vial and lancing device?? If so would you be able to post a picture to give an idea if the overall size?

Thanks again, your videos are brilliant. Any plans fir any more?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lisbet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re the adhesive: I use Opsite Flexifix for my CGM and it keeps it really secure for nearly 3 weeks ( on an arm) and it gets wet every day! Great product.

Kirstina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I've been keeping a keen eye out for news on the Cell Novo for the past year or so and think it looks very interesting. I'm on an Accu-Chek Combo and have also had a few months' experience with a Medtronic. My current pump has a handheld device, which I think is very handy. But when I'm flying, I'm meant to switch off the Bluetooth. Not a problem (when I remember), as I can also administer insulin by using the buttons on the pump. How would you deal with a long haul flight on the Cellnovo? I assume you'd just have to keep the Bluetooth going? Cheers, Kirstina

jodysd6

Oops, I have the accu chek combo and never turn off the Bluetooth while flying! Though saying that you can use more stuff on planes now than you used to be allowed to and I'm sure people forget to do things like put phones in flight safe mode all the time!

jud007

Hello there, I was wondering why you went for the Cellnovo and not the Omnipod. My son has just started using the omnipod and I was interested on your opinion on both these pumps.

jbeer1972

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Jud007, I was on the Cellnovo pump for part of a trial. It wasn't a conscious decision as such but wanted the experience of trying a patch pump and helping get a product released.

sammieann3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all
My name is John, I have been on a clinical trial of the Cellnovo patch pump since August 2013 and thought you might be interested in hearing about it,
I am now able to talk about the pump and have started to make a few Youtube videos (apologies but never made videos before but trying my best hehe).

I have uploaded one here
It is an overview of changing the set. I am going to be adding more videos over the coarse of the next few weeks showing more of the capabilities of the system. The system has some fantastic features. The food library is probably one of my favorite functions, and once I get a camera capable of close up video I will show the handset in more detail, think you will be impressed. The management software has really helped me and my DSN bring my BG under tighter control. In my upcoming videos regarding the handset and software I will be explaining how the software is much easier to understand to analyze your regime and trends than other pieces of software I have used in the past.

The kit comprises of two sections. You have the Insulin cartridge/pump which is attached to you. Then you have a handset which looks like a mobile phone, its very discrete and unless someone is looking over your shoulder they have no idea it is a medical device. The handset also has a blood meter inbuilt. Less to carry about !!!!!

I have been using insulin pumps since 2006 (Medtronic), and although I am not medically trained I do have , like many of you a lot of experience with pumping. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
no it doesn't, and no current plans for it either.

It does have a very interesting feature of a motion sensor, so you can track activity vs insulin needs and BG

Reactions: 4 people

Abbadon

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I believe that future versions of the Cellnovo are going to have CGM capability - since the system already has wireless capability this would be an obvious evolution for a second generation. This is what I have been told anyhow.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't think why you at least wouldn't build it in as a future capacity for a latest-generation pump

iHs

I have seen the Cellnovo pump and was told by the rep that cgm will be possible in future and talks were being done with cgm glucose sensor manufacturers. The first generation Cellnovo needs to get off the ground first and be used by diabetics and then if a success, the 2nd generation will follow.

lolek87

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
Other
Hello, I'm a Diabetic Nurse which is moving to St. Mary's Hospital in London. Do you know if Cellnovo patch pump is actually used in some hospitals in London and/or in other places in England?
Thank you.

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
Hello! Appreciate this is an old thread, I have been following posts regarding Cellnovo for some time now in anticipation of starting pump therapy.
Just started using the Cellnovo (and just started using an insulin pump too). Although it's been a really steep learning curve am really beginning to appreciate the benefits over MDI. Other than a few teething issues my experience is going well so far. :)

leighrickards

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes unawareness
I start the Cell Novo pump next week, I appreciate this is a relatively old thread, however are there any hints or tips for a newbie?