Change

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been doing well with my BG control and LCHF. I've had a mixed start to the day, bit stressed as I went to the hospital to collect 2 new Novopen 5 pens and a new route to work. I rushed a bit as I had to time this errand before work and not be late.

I got the pens and on time for work, but had a hypo. I was very sweaty and of course, overdid the glucose tablets.

I was OK after half an hour and know why the hypo occurred.

Just sat now on lunch break (decaff coffee) thinking how I have not reacted the way I used to.

Had a very very minor setback in work (not stressing) and BG dropping to normal after a 13 mmol. Previously I would eat sandwiches and crisps and probably have wine tonight. Comfort food.

Instead I'm whinging on this lovely forum and very glad I have a new approach with lchf. No cravings, nothing. More positive which I never had before.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, the age old problem: you get low and eat until you feel better. Then you're high and may need a correction bolus. I try and drink one plastic bottle of apple juice (130 calories) if I'm really low (under 2), or eat a Tootsie Roll pop (70 cal) if I'm a little low (like 3). Then I wait.

Reactions: Peppergirl

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Glad you have found what works for you :)

Reactions: Peppergirl