13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'm glad that you got a welcome two month's rest from form filling, interviews with DSS etc regarding support for A For a while back there you were never away from interviews with professionals for either A or M-your brother. There is more available information and much better public understanding regarding Autism since our son was diagnosed in 1992 but there's still a way to go, is there not?
I'm glad that you are enjoying your course, hopefully it will help with getting employment at a later date?

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Absolutely! Both A and my younger brother J were diagnosed in 1999/2000 and back then very few people understood autism to the extent that people do nowadays. I think that more people are being diagnosed now so more people have personal experience with it, and of course with the internet being so ubiquitous anyone can take the time to read up about it. Even though I still run into people who think that everyone with autism is exactly like Raymond in Rain Man!

I'm really pleased with my progress on my course, I've finished 2 out of the 3 modules so I should be able to take the final exam next week. Before I started it I had a telephone interview with the MD of a corporate investigation agency. Things were going really well until I said my IT skills were intermediate and he said he couldn't give me the job because he needed someone with advanced skills. I was thinking of getting in touch with him when I've finished and seeing if he still needs someone. Even if he's already got someone for that job he can keep my file on record for anything else that comes up