Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you trying to lose weight? If so how often do you eat out

I prioritise blood glucose over weight loss. Always have. :) My weight is challenging, to say the least. Exhaustive experiments, varying calorie intake and Adusting my low carbing don't seem to make much difference - to me. I'm a 'special circumstance' due to girlie hormonal stuff that shouldn't affect you. :)

But for someone who finds that low carbing aids with weight loss, then it isn't difficult to choose lower calorie options from the list I gave above. And for lchfers, then the oils used in curries shouldn't be a problem. Chicken shashlik is grilled kebab style so it ticks all the boxes, and cauliflower or okra or auberine side dishes are good options - although of course different chefs use different amounts of oil.

We probably only eat out (curry) 3 or 4 times a year, with a couple more takeaways, so maybe once every couple of months. Interestingly, i usually find that the takeaway portions are bigger than the eat in portions, so i only eat half a takeaway, and then have the rest the next day - but again, that is one meat and two veg dishes, which ends up being very filling.

If your body gets out of keto it will take a few days for you to get back into keto. If you can't get back into keto in less than 7 days and have a cheat meal once a week you will never be in keto.