Chinese exercises and Diabetes

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!

barge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i do tai chi and go to gym.tai chi does help to relax you and i sleep better on monday nights.thee are cheaper classes if you go to tai chi web site you will find them.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Many thanks for your post - I will check this out :D

Rushy

I agree that Tai Chi is beneficial. I've been doing it for some years now, since before I was diagnosed in fact, and I feel so much better in all kinds of ways after doing my forms.

hanrahanj1

I have just commenced a course of chinese medicine and acupuncture. I had the acupuncture suprisingly pleasant despite my apprehension. I was also prescibed this foul tasting tea, tasting like something dredged out of my mum's garden pond, but it works.

Does anyone else use complementary therapies. I was also thinking os using Waterfall Mannose for my waterworks problems. Has anyone else used this.

Thanks to all my fellow members.

Jackie H

Caroline W

Dislikes
being ill
If any one wants to do tai chi, but finds classes expensive or difficult to get to, it is possible to use a DVD. To make it more interesting, you could try it with a friend. In this way you help each other with things like posture and foot positions and you have company. All you need is enough space to do it in, the DVD and the DVD player. It is more difficult from a book as you don't see the progression of movements, but it is possible.

maddie

I've been doing Tai Chi for about 5 years now and love it. I've also strong armed my husband into going as a stressbuster - fortunately he loves it too!

My teacher is great - as well as teaching Tai Chi he is also a physical therapist which includes sports injuries so is always conscious of the impact of exercise on the human body.

i would highly recommend Tai Chi & Qi Gong to any one as it is a fantastic way to try to remain healthy into later life (all those people in Beijing parks can't be wrong!!) and has a very calming effect on the mind when practicing the forms.

Give it a try it's worth it :D