Choc cake and 60 units

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks,

Just an update on how im currently feeling.
I have since not been admitted like i was going to be. But i am having home visits. My mood today right now is im happy. But that could all change. The doctor at the clinic are taking me off the anti depressants that i am currently on and is going to put me on more when i have finished with these. I will update you all again soon.

Thank you for all the kind msgs and support.
Love you guys
x x x x x x x x x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 10 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
@martin80
Thanks for the update .
Am glad you can feel a sense of being happy again .
It may feel strange but will 'up lift' your senses to a more
positive state of well being .

Do you feel better on anti-depressants ?
If you feel worse - you must let your doctors know this is happening .

The home vist's will be a good source of support for you.
You could write down all the things that bother/concern you .
Maybe make a list ready for when they vist you .

They should see this as a positive proactive step from you.
Together you can work towards a plan forward to improve
things for you .

Thanks again for your update martin .
It is great to hear from you again .

We are always here to chat and support you .

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks,

I have since not been admitted like i was going to be. But i am having home visits. My mood today right now is im happy. But that could all change. The doctor at the clinic are taking me off the anti depressants that i am currently on and is going to put me on more when i have finished with these. I will update you all again soon.

Love you guys
x x x x x x x x x

Yeah, really great to hear from you Martin & the update, pleased you are feeling a little better now.

Try and remain positive, easy to say I know, but I'm sure there will be a bit of a 'roller coaster' in moods as you start to improve.

Make sure you come here when your down.

Neil

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi folks,

Love you guys
x x x x x x x x x

Your post has made my day martin, thank you for letting us know :)

With my very best wishes

RRB

11609754-hug-coupon.jpg

X

Reactions: 5 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Hello Martin, I'm so glad your feeling a bit better , just try to take it one day at a time. We're here for you when you need friend xx

Myristica

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hello, I'm a newbie and thus a stranger, but I just wanted to wish you well. I have mental health issues myself, and I know how hard it can be, dealing with not only the mental illness, but also the stigma of mental illness. And it's so easy to internalise that stigma, and believe all the horrible things you hear people saying about people with mental illnesses. I admit to being fairly nervous about hospitals myself, and mental hospitals can be forbidding places.

I don't know your situation or your health conditions, but you mentioned voices, so just in case we're talking about schizophrenia here, I wanted to reassure you a bit. Schizophrenia gets an unfairly bad reputation. Films and such (and thus the public) tend to get it muddled up with Disassociative Identity Disorder, and be both vile and inaccurate about both conditions. Neither of those conditions make you horrible or violent or a danger to the public or any of the other nonsense you hear. They are hard things to live with, yes.

A good friend of mine has schizophrenia, and has had time as an in-patient when it was bad. She said it wasn't great, but it was what she needed at the time, and it was a peaceful place where she was safe. When going through a lot of hard stuff which made the schizophrenia flare up last year, her psychiatrist was talking about sectioning her, but it was her decision. She managed to get some of the stress off her, and that brought things down to a level where she could manage outside hospital. She is doing a lot better now. Her friends love her and support her, as she does us, and she is a lovely person to have as a friend and to be around.

Whatever you're going through, I hope it improves, and I hope you manage to access medical care in a way that you find manageable.

Reactions: 8 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hya ,
glad to see your comments,thinking of u:)

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks.

I'm ok postive last couple of days. But theres still some part of me that wants to go (mental) silly again. Prob the evil side of me. He wants to drink again, go crazy, get sectioned. Get sacked, split from the wife and son. But not end my life. I enjoy being a rebel.

Been off my antis for a couple of days now. But going back to see the doc in the morning. Hes then going get me on some more different ones.

Txt you guys later.

P.s oh also trying to start an affair.:eek::D

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi folks.

I'm ok postive last couple of days. But theres still some part of me that wants to go (mental) silly again. Prob the evil side of me. He wants to drink again, go crazy, get sectioned. Get sacked, split from the wife and son. But not end my life. I enjoy being a rebel.

Been off my antis for a couple of days now. But going back to see the doc in the morning. Hes then going get me on some more different ones.

Txt you guys later.

I think you have some real issues with your mental health which you need to be addressing. Enjoying being a rebel is one thing but going crazy, drinking and wanting to be sectioned is beyond rebelling.

As for trying to start an affair when you have a wife and son and publidhing it with your face to the whole worldwide internet population is showing that you need some mental health guidance from professionals.

We can only help reference diabetes control.

I hope you can get some different medication that will stabilise your mental health but as said diabetes help is here. We're not anle to help with mental health issues.

Reactions: 4 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Hi folks.

Txt you guys later.

Hi Martin how did it go at the doctors? I hope you get your mind sorted . An affair is not the answer , think hard about your wife and son they too have had to cope with your mental health problems as well as your diabetes . We all wish you well and hope you get control of your life.

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry i dont know why i put that. Things are getting better some of my problems are sorted. But like i have told my doctor im just waiting for the day it all comes crashing down again. I know it will.

Sent from my ALCATEL one touch 990 using DCUK Forum mobile app

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Sorry i dont know why i put that. Things are getting better some of my problems are sorted. But like i have told my doctor im just waiting for the day it all comes crashing down again. I know it will.

Sent from my ALCATEL one touch 990 using DCUK Forum mobile app

To me it seems like you have under lying issues around your family and your life. Almost as if you are wanting to escape them and any other problems rather than talking them through.

Crashes don't have to occur repeatedly. However talking through and being honest about what us making you spiral into a crash would be a starting point.

Are you taking care of your diabetes? If you are having swings with your bloods this too can unbalance the input of glucose to your brain... And also have an impact on your wellbeing.

Taking tablets for mood levels helps to stabilise your serontonin etc in your brain but glucose is a significant player too. It doesn't take long to swallow tablets but please try to give some time to your blood readings too.

Best wishes...

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Guys im drinkng heavily again. Drinking right now in my dinner hour. Cant stop:(:(:(:(

Martin, you seem to be in a dark place right now, you are a very important person and want you to know, if that if members can help, they will do, you are not alone. Alcohol, can cause depression and being depressed make many reach for the alcohol, it's a vicious circus and right now, you are probably not thinking straight and feel so low................

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Martin, best not to put your number on the open forum. I have pm'd you RRB

Last edited by a moderator: