Chocolate/sweet cravings recipe help

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Ok...so I have coconut flour, butter, almond flour, cocoa, dark chocolate, splenda and eggs ...lol. Can I make a cake out of these ingredients, even with a few tweeks? I so am craving chocolate today :D

Reactions: 2 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @TracyC - @ewelina, who is a member here, has a brilliant recipe site - I have made her chocolate brownies again today, and my husband and I had one with a cup of tea after our bike ride this afternoon - they are utterly delicious. Even if you haven't got any nuts (reading your list above) I would think they'll work brilliantly, as it sounds like you're pretty much there with the other ingredients.

Enjoy!

Here's the recipe: http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/2013/06/chocolate-brownie.html

:)

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Hi @TracyC - @ewelina, who is a member here, has a brilliant recipe site - I have made her chocolate brownies again today, and my husband and I had one with a cup of tea after our bike ride this afternoon - they are utterly delicious. Even if you haven't got any nuts (reading your list above) I would think they'll work brilliantly, as it sounds like you're pretty much there with the other ingredients.

Enjoy!

Here's the recipe: http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/2013/06/chocolate-brownie.html

:)
Perfect! I do have some nuts as well I think...and some desiccated coconut so I shall experiment! :D ...will bake and have one after my run this evening x :D

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oooooooooooh, looking forward to hearing all about them later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husband commented that the nuts were 'too big' in this batch - I normally toast and then semi-whizz 100g hazelnuts, but I've got a new chopper and I haven't quite got used to its idiosyncrasies yet. Didn't want to accidentally grind them to dust, so I stopped whizzing a little prematurely. I LIKE them chunky, though, so m husband will just have to deal with it!!!

:joyful:

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oooooooooooh, looking forward to hearing all about them later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husband commented that the nuts were 'too big' in this batch - I normally toast and then semi-whizz 100g hazelnuts, but I've got a new chopper and I haven't quite got used to its idiosyncrasies yet. Didn't want to accidentally grind them to dust, so I stopped whizzing a little prematurely. I LIKE them chunky, though, so m husband will just have to deal with it!!!

:joyful:
Same, I do only have brazils here but will need to chop them the old fashioned way, and yes I will come back with a report!, maybe with a photo if they come out ok and I'm brave enough! xx

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Either get used to whisking the egg whites, or invest in a bucket of baking powder for the future.