Chronic Fatigue and Diabetes

kitsunerin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys, I am type 1 and have also been suffering from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue for a couple of years. It only seems to be getting worse as time goes on and I am so frustrated! My CFS interferes with my diabetes management so much - I get so exhausted from normal daily routines that I end up having lots of naps, lots of sleep and I generally cannot function on a day to day basis.

I am testing my bg but it always seems to run high when I am having particularly bad days. On 'good' days, it seems okay, but I then have 2 or 3 bad days afterwards just to rest up - making it impossible for me to get a job right now. It's all very very frustrating and upsetting. I'm barely awake writing this and so I'm sorry if it doesn't make much sense.

I guess my main question is - is there a known link between T1 and CFS/ME?? Also, how do you guys deal with keeping your management good when all your body wants to do is sleep?

Thank you and I hope everyone is as well as they can be <3

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @kitsunerin - I cannot comment on the link between T1 and CFS/ME - however I would urge you to see your GP and have some blood tests done to check your thyroid status and see if you're deficient in vitamins, particularly B12 and Iron. There could be other reasons you feel as tired as you do :)

kitsunerin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have grave's disease/hyperthyroidism but my last tests said it's currently okay (I am also on carbimazole)

I will ask for a vitamin test though! I've heard a lot about B12 and thinking of getting supplements

Reactions: Juicyj