cinnamon

dragongirl

I've been reading Bernstein, as someone on here suggested. Came across the ref to Diabecinn and googled suppliers in the UK and found it no longer manufactured. Are there different sorts of powdered cinnamon available from supermarkets and is there one that is "better"? I searched the forum for cinnamon but didn't find a reply to this question, altho I gather that many of you use it in some way. Oil based? Water based? Does this apply to powders?

My only experience is stirring tea with a stick of it in a mad phase at uni long ago! I was thinking more of adding it to things, sprinkled on. Thanks for any advice. I know it may not work but was interested as I like the taste.

dragongirl

Thanks - that was the ref I was looking for but it didn't come up when I stuck cinnamon in the search box. Probably cos I'm on an old Mac :wink:
My question was really 'are all powders equal' but I'll give the Sainsbury one a try in the meantime. Thanks.

Mimi

Cinnamon Supplements

Dear all

Does anyone use cinnamon supplements as an alternative way of trying to lower bs levels? I'm thinking of type 2s. If so, what kinds of reduction in numbers have you had? If any...

Thank you
Mimi

Cinnamon ???

Hi, I was diagnosed as type 2 diet controlled in August 2008 and have been experimenting with different foods ever since. My HBA1C at it's best has been as low as 6.5 averaging 7.0 and I would ideally like it to be around 6.0.
I have heard that there are a number of foods or food ingredients which can help control or reduce blood sugar levels, the most recent of which is cinnamon.
Could anyone please tell me if cinnamon can help with my dietary control and if so how does it work ?. Also, if there are any other foods or ingredients with a similar effect.
Many thanks,

Pete. :D

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
I use cinammon every time I have porridge for breakfast. I sprinkle a healthy amount over the top, then mix it in. I think it tastes great. :D

I also drink the juice of a freshly squuezed pink grapefruit afterwards - the combination of the two seem to counteract the BG "spike" in my case

I picked up both of these "tips" from this forum........

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Ardbeg said:
I also drink the juice of a freshly squeezed pink grapefruit afterwards - the combination of the two seem to counteract the BG "spike" in my case

Just a warning to those who don't know.

Never eat or drink grapefruit if you are on certain statins ! Check the patient information leaflet or ask doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Hi Sue,

I'm still diet only

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
That's fine Jim........If you aren't taking a Statin, no problem. The problem is we have lot's of members who are on Statin's. The information is aimed at them......

Ken

phil2440

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
BMWs
Just curious. Why is drinking grapefruit juice dangerous but eating grapefruit isn't :?: All the warnings seem to refer to just the juice.

C

catherinecherub

Hi Phil,
I personally would leave the grapefruit alone if there are interactions with your meds as by eating a grapefruit you are also imbibing the juice.

Catherine.

sheepy2020

Taking Cinnamon

Sorry if this has already been posted however there are that many cinnamon related posts it would take an age to find.

Noticing that cinammon tablets can be quite expensive i have been looking into ways of taking the medicine without tasting it as not all people like the taste and tablets are quite easy to use.

so I come up with the idea to take cinnamon in a capsule that i make at home.

you will need

1 Pack of cigarette papers
1 jar powdered cinnamon

take a cigarette paper and wet one half of the gum and stick the other half of the gum to it. This will give you a hollow cone shape. Put the cinnamon powder in the cone as much as you wish then twist the open top gently to seal the cinnamon in the cigeratte paper creating kind of like a torpedo.
Place on the back of the tounge and swallow with water. hey presto no taste and no tablet bills.

sheepy2020

Re: Taking Cinnamon

Because then you dont taste the god dam horrible stuff and still get the benifits also you dont have to spend 10 to 20 pound per time on the tablets

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.

Just pinch your nose! :roll: :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

What's the health benefits of the cigarette paper then? :?

Nigel

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I have to congratulate you on your ingenuity - but ewwww!

Jane F.

I saw it on a coffee counter (might have been a Starbucks at an airport). I've never ordered a coffee there, I'd probably have to cash in my savings bonds to do that, but thought that was a good idea. I do mix it in my coffee regularly now. Of course it doesn't dissolve, but it mixes in and these days 'close enough' is good for me.

It does make a really nice addition to the taste.