coconut water

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

They tell me that coconut water is very good for you, not to sure about the taste nor the high price. Is the following comment true.

" Coconut Water has no bad effects if you are diabetic and you drink coconut water in fact it has a lot of benefits to human body. It prevents anti-aging or even cancer. According to some research it also helps in balancing blood sugar and reduces risk of heart disease or even aids in kidney functions and dissolved kidney stones that can damage or affects our urinary track and causes (UTI)."

I am sure tap water does the same, yet my water bill averages £91.00p a month which also is expensive.

Roy. :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
izzzi said:
I am sure tap water does the same, yet my water bill averages £91.00p a month which also is expensive.

You must be on a water meter Roy :)

Sorry can't say either way about the benefits of coconut water.

paragliderpete

Hi Not sure about the coconut water, or the good effects on all the conditions you state. I use Coconut flour alot in cooking as a replacement for wheat flour, its a very good low carb product. I use coconut oil as replacement for butter in cooking and as a supplement, it's supposed to be good for you because it's a medium chain triglyceride, as opposed to many other saturated fats which are long chain, and I like the taste. I also use cocnut necter as a sugar replacement, but I do have to be careful with this as it will raise my bm's, but does have a very good mineral profile.
Sorry for going on a bit, but generally yes I believe that cocnut products are very good for you. They certainly help control my bm's , and don't appear to have any adverse effects for me, so I cant see any reason why cocnut milk would be any different.
Be careful over doing it as it can have a laxative effect .

candyfloss

Dislikes
Processed foods and refined carbohydrates!
When living abroad in the tropics I often used to buy fresh coconut water from the roadside on my way home. It was from green coconuts and the guy would cut it open and drain the water into a plastic bag and give you a straw. All for 30p. It was warm, sweet and delicious. How I miss it!
I cant vouch for any health benefits but it never had any detrimental effect on me and neither did it cause any spikes in blood sugar. The carton variety available here is a bit pricey and of course not fresh so I havnt continued to drink it.