Cold Sores

hoolyuk

Dislikes
Salad
Any link between diabetes and these monstrosities??

Have a major one brewing on bottom lip as i type and feel totally rotten, swollen gland the lot :(

Be at least 5 years [before diabetes] since i had a cold sore this bad.

Bigglesworth

Don't think so its a virus (Herpres Simplex?) and once bitten its there for life.

Invest in a tube of Zovirax. Next time you feel the tingle of a cold sore starting a drop of the cream will stop it in its tracks.

Not had one myself in the years since Zovirax came on the market originally as a prescription only drug.

oobuc5

hi there,s a small hand held lazer on the market for this kind of thing ,came accros it trawling though the diabetic collums google it ,anyway with diabetes your imune will be down you might try a book on vitimins its called [vitamins and minerals a step by step guide,by karen sullivan]this little book will explane a lot ,my wife got one at a bootsale for 50p dont know what it costs in the high street ,might try the libaery.

oobuc5:

hoolyuk

Dislikes
Salad
Been slapping zovirax onto it, went and bought that compeed but the patch must have blown off when out on motorsickle earlier :D

I noticed a laser thingy in boots earlier but was 39.99 mebbe give it a whirl if i get many more cold sores like this, also i try to take a multi-vitamin every mornin but got complacent because i had'nt had a sore like this in 5 years, more fool me :(

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had cold sores since I was a child. They haven't changed since I found I had diabetes 6 years ago. In practice, apart from Zovirax which helps a bit but can't get at all the virus particles in the nerves, there appears little you can do in practice. I believe virtually all of the other remedies one hears about are unproven? The only thing that seems to trigger mine is the sun and the other attacks appear purely random

jennyjackman

Cold sores can be related to diabetes if diabetic patients suffer from weakened immune system. A weak immune system is responsible for the growth of Herpes Simplex Type 1 virus in the human body. This can further cause cold sore infection to spread rapidly.

If you want to stop the cold sore infection then the first step you need to perform is to strengthen your immune system. Once your immune system becomes strong then insulin in your blood can also be controlled later on.

To boost your immune system, you must bring positive changes in your daily lifestyle such as healthy diet changes and right exercise routine. In my experience, yoga and meditation are the best exercises for people looking to boost their immune system without any external medications or drugs or supplements.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I get cold sores occasionally and I find that a dab of tea tree oil gets rid of them I tend to get them if I dont have enough vit c
CAROL

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
I've suffered from cold sores all my life - I've only been diagnosed with Diabetes a few months. Usually when one appears it's because I'm run down, my body's way of telling me something's up I suppose.

Zovirax helps but the last cold sore took a while to heal (higher glucose in the blood impeding healing?)