Cold sweats and low energy.

dandiab

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,
I am a type 2 diabetic on insulin and metformin. Am wondering if anyone experience cold sweats in the middle of the night and frequent urination?
My mood has been irregular and I am experiencing low energy constantly too. I do not have a blood sugar monitor as the strips are too costly for my current financial situation.
Hoping someone can relate to my situation. Thank you for your kind attention!

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are on insulin the blood sugar test strips should be on your prescription. Where are you based? In the uk they would be free and it would be illegal to drive without testing your blood sugar.

You symptoms (sweating, excessive urination, moodiness and low energy) sound like hyperglycaemia.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @dandiab ,

Welcome to the forum.
What insulin are you prescribed?

Swinging blood sugar levels can take the wind out of one's sails..

Would you prefer me (or another member of the DCUK team.) to move your thread to the "type two with insulin" section of the forum? You may get more responses from T2s on a similar medication regime...

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
surely if on Insulin your Doctor or Nurse can issue with a monitor and give test strips on prescription?

dandiab

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies. I am not based in the UK. My country of residence is Singapore and apologises if this forum is just dedicated to UK citizens. I am currently on NovaFlex and metformin. I don't mind having my post moved if it is gonna help lots. For blood sugar monitoring devices and their strips, they aren't covered or prescribed by our doctors. It is optional but strongly recommended by doctors and we would have to purchase it from the pharmacy ourselves instead of national subsided clinics.

Reactions: TIANDB

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies. I am not based in the UK. My country of residence is Singapore and apologises if this forum is just dedicated to UK citizens. I am currently on NovaFlex and metformin. I don't mind having my post moved if it is gonna help lots. For blood sugar monitoring devices and their strips, they aren't covered or prescribed by our doctors. It is optional but strongly recommended by doctors and we would have to purchase it from the pharmacy ourselves instead of national subsided clinics.

Hi,

We welcome folk from all over the world!

I'll move your thread, which may draw in forum members with similar issues & meds..

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

No, no. This is a global community.

The reason I asked where you are based was to ensure your thread didn't run too high a risk of focusing on telling you to have a meter and strips added to your regular medication. In UK, diabetes medication, and for T1s their testing supplies) are free of charge.

I do believe however, that using a meter to self-test your bloods is a key part of learning to manage diabetes.

Knowing how your bloods are; high/low or just right, might help clarify what's happening with your sweats and so on.