Comfort food

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My go to food has to be a wedge of strong stilton cheese or a good French blue cheese.

At breakfast I can eat scrambled eggs made with cream until it comes out of my ears ;)
Yup, cheese does it for me too! I'm currently eating my way through the extensive cheese counter at the local farm shop!

Reactions: AliceChatsworth

Hotpepper20000

Yup, cheese does it for me too! I'm currently eating my way through the extensive cheese counter at the local farm shop!
Yep. There are so many different varieties from all over the world.
My parents are Swiss so I come by it honestly. I think there's Gruyere in my veins.
I even got a wedge of double cream cheese from my employer for Easter. Almost done that. YUM

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
I like to prepare a mug cake with one smashed banana and dry red berries with a low carb flour. It really like it I can send the recipe if you want!

Reactions: AliceChatsworth

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eating low carb I very rarely need to snack any more - unless I'm gong to have one instead of a full meal. But most of the low carb food I eat is a real treat - I'd agree with @noblehead on this point - if not perhaps actually considered as comfort food. So things like smoked salmon with cream cheese and fresh dill, home made "Nutella" (crunchy hazelnut butter mixed with real cocoa powder and a bit of erythritol), homemade almond shortcake, homemade chicken and mushroom soup with a slice of (also!) homemade low carb bread smothered with lovely salty butter, parmesan crisps, microwave "roasted" mixed nuts, strawberries and creme fraiche, green olives with Westphalian ham and gouda cheese, a couple of little pieces of 85% Lindt chocolate which now has the added low carb bonus for me of no longer causing a food related migraine.... I cold go on!

Robbity

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Chicken thighs cooked in an 'Actifry' hot air cooker - yes it takes time so you get all the smells of the cooking first, which is enjoyable to start with - cooked until the skins are crispy, then take them out and toss in some mushrooms to cook in the chicken fat. By the time you have pinched all the skins and put some of the thighs to cool the mushrooms will be done. totally heavenly food.

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A tube of Pringles and a jar of peanut butter.
THAT'S WHAT I REALLY WANT .
So would have to be walnuts and an Aldi 85% small bar of chocolate.

Reactions: Diakat

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Cream cheese mashed up with tinned tuna and a good few dashes of Tabasco. Yes, I know it's weird. Or really, really strong Cheddar with a good handful of Californian walnut halves. Mmmmmmm. Some kind of cheese, all the way.

scorpius14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cheesecake, gypsy tarts, dairy milk chocolate (400g bar), milkshakes