Confused

Netty144

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone give advise,I have been following Lchf diet since July my bs have stabilised and I have lost 18lbs n weight,
But today I missed a meal lunch and my bs were higher after not eating for 6hrs than they were after fasting overnight,Any advise/help
Pls

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What were you doing in that 6 hours? Exercise of some sort? Rushing about somewhere? Housework?

Netty144

Type of diabetes
Type 2
From 6.2 to 7.6, working for 2 hrs in the morning,cleaning and then up the yard to ride my horse for 30 mins,brush her (she's a mud monster) muck out,turn out and fill haynets, it's quite physical.

D

Deleted Account

Our BG is not only affected by the food we eat. It is also affected by exercise, stress, illness, weather, temperature, time of the day, time of the year, drugs, ... some times, there is no obvious reason. This is why I don't judge my BG control by one reading; I look for trends.
If I was in your position, I would make a mental (or physical) note and see if it happens next time I miss a lunchtime meal.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

Netty144

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's a sensible idea,I'm stressing because I need to keep my bs levels in check for a knee operation,my levels were really high in July,
I think I need to keep doing what I'm doing diet wise and not stress about every little blip.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All that exercise without food will have caused your liver to do a little glucose dump to protect you from going low. It's natural.