constant flushing

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes, people who think they know everything!
I'm type 2, on metformin, sitagliptin, simvastatin and atenolol and suffering horrendous flushing all night and during the day too. Has anyone taken black cohosh with any effects as its supposed to help flushes and i cant see anything in the leaflet to say don't use it if you're diabetic?

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm type 2, on metformin, sitagliptin, simvastatin and atenolol and suffering horrendous flushing all night and during the day too. Has anyone taken black cohosh with any effects as its supposed to help flushes and i cant see anything in the leaflet to say don't use it if you're diabetic?
Oh my you have my sympathies....I suffered the most horrendous sweats when I went through an early menopause. I tried everything known to man and nothing had any effect whatsoever. I used a herbal remedy that was made from hops of all things...worth every penny as the tablets stopped the sweats within 2 weeks. I took them for years with no ill effects. I never had any results with Black Cohosh or any of the other ''remedies'' that were supposed to help. You can of course try them and I hope they work for you but no clue if they affect anything diabetic

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Personally I would avoid this - it has too many side effects and interactions for me - a link below for you

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...dientid=857&activeingredientname=black cohosh

I have been using Menopace plus which begrudgingly I have to say have helped me loads - (I am of the mind that all these supplements are full of hype but I was desperate and didn't want to go the hormone replacement route)

I had constant flushes both day and night but nighttime was unbearable, the sage in the tablets is supposed to help so you could try making sage tea, others I have spoken to have said this helps

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for your advice. I took sage caps for a while but with no effect, hence trying the black cohosh.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Menocool work but are about £20 a month....I paid it and was worth every single penny to get my life back

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've not heard of Menocool, can you get it in Boots or health food shops, do you know? Thanks a lot

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've not heard of Menocool, can you get it in Boots or health food shops, do you know? Thanks a lot
You order them online...the company is very good...never had any problems with them in all the years I dealt with them I had mine on auto re order so I never ran out. the company is called Scandacare...if you put that name or Menocool in your search you will find them

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks very much

shelz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I suffered from this, the most effective solution I found was wearing a magnet. I had relief within 24 hours and still wear it now. It's called a Lady Magnet - read the reviews on Amazon, but I have found it to be a life saver.

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When I suffered from this, the most effective solution I found was wearing a magnet. I had relief within 24 hours and still wear it now. It's called a Lady Magnet - read the reviews on Amazon, but I have found it to be a life saver.
Is it encased in pale blue plastic cos if so I have one somewhere that I bought years ago for PMS? maybe I'll manage to find it and give it a try - if it works I shall be eternally in your debt

shelz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it encased in pale blue plastic cos if so I have one somewhere that I bought years ago for PMS? maybe I'll manage to find it and give it a try - if it works I shall be eternally in your debt
Mine's a tear drop shape and purple. I have read that it works for PMS, too (not much good to me for that now!!).

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mine's a tear drop shape and purple. I have read that it works for PMS, too (not much good to me for that now!!).
Me neither but worth a try!!! I dug it out and wore it all night, will carry on for at least a few days to see if it helps. I cant think that colour matters, can you? Surely a magnet is a magnet? Thanks again for the suggestion

shelz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, it was probably just a design change. Is yours in 2 parts so that you sandwich it on the front of your knickers? If so, that tells you the magnetic 'force' is still working, I would guess.

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No, it was probably just a design change. Is yours in 2 parts so that you sandwich it on the front of your knickers? If so, that tells you the magnetic 'force' is still working, I would guess.
Yes, very strong magnet......am I right in thinking the big magnet goes inside and the little button on the outside of your underwear? Otherwise I may be getting the wrong force of the magnet!!!!!

shelz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, very strong magnet......am I right in thinking the big magnet goes inside and the little button on the outside of your underwear? Otherwise I may be getting the wrong force of the magnet!!!!!

LOL! Yes, that's how I do mine. Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Probably an outside shot but anyway..

After chemo and radiotherapy for a rare cancer last year, I was plunged into instant menopause at the end of the six week treatment, although 50, my fst levels were still normal prior to this. I was very ill immediately after treatment (had severe burns) and the cold sweats more than flushes were truly awful, on average, every 15 minutes. GP put me on HRT but it made absolutely no difference so I went back and he put me on Clonidine (Google it, it's often given for migraine) as well as continuing the HRT. It made a difference the first day and reduced the sweats by two thirds, they continued to decrease. About two months ago, I decided to take the plunge and stop the HRT, my thinking being it was just prolonging the inevitable and I would rather get it out the way while I'm relatively young enough to have reasonable health. I stopped it with no major problems but decided to continue with the Clonidine and it really works for me. I may get a few short lived flushes through the day and night but certainly manageable, although I know it's still early days.

Just thought I'd throw that one in the mix.

TheFish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmm I have the same problems but I'm male so rules out the menopause lol I get so hot that my wife complains that I make the bed too warm to sleep in ( don't hear her moan in the winter lol ). Could it be a side effect of the meds?

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mmm I have the same problems but I'm male so rules out the menopause lol I get so hot that my wife complains that I make the bed too warm to sleep in ( don't hear her moan in the winter lol ). Could it be a side effect of the meds?
I think its perfectly possible although there's nothing in the information leaflets for the drug packets. Have you tried sage leaf capsules? Worth a try maybe, there's nothing but sage in them.