Contour next one

nclemale

Received my free one the other day . Bluetooth connection problems . I managed to pair it after a fair few failed attempts . But now the issue is it won't sync anymore readings to the app and connect again . Anyone else got these problems and how did you rectify it . Am using Android samsung S5 mini. It's rather frustrating .

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, I hadn't registered it. I've been mucking about with the integration of this meter into xDrip+ as an automated means of calibrating a Dexcom G5, but given the nature of open source software, I was struggling to find a way to ask questions without Ascensia saying "err... what software? Not our problem, matey." and now have the same issue as nclemale.
Screenshot_20170125-115125.png

Might give them a bell later. Was it a hardware or software fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170125-115125.png
    Screenshot_20170125-115125.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 379

Shambolic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I have filled in the online form for one of these but have had no feedback about it at all. Do they respond, or do they just send it out and it arrives one day? How long until I would know?

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My contour Next xt just arrived about a month later. I think the majority go to insulin users.

I purchased a Next One sealed box. Pretty sure it was a free one sold on ebay.

Reactions: Shambolic

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have filled in the online form for one of these but have had no feedback about it at all. Do they respond, or do they just send it out and it arrives one day? How long until I would know?
I don't remember exactly how long it took to turn up, other than it just turned up one day some time after I requested it and after I'd assumed that it wasn't going to be delivered.

Fred912

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Received my free one the other day . Bluetooth connection problems . I managed to pair it after a fair few failed attempts . But now the issue is it won't sync anymore readings to the app and connect again . Anyone else got these problems and how did you rectify it . Am using Android samsung S5 mini. It's rather frustrating .

Having the same issue with the Contour Next One I received new 2 days ago. Bluetooth synched with the iPhone and iPad app and was working OK. Today it failed to synch and tried to re-synch. Called the support number (I believe they are in Mexico) and went through the troubleshooting steps. The meter's blue light stops flashing before it will synch to any device. Customer support said they will get back to me within "48 to 84" hours. The problem is with the meter, not the app devices. I bought this meter for the app support. Otherwise it is easy to use - just wish the bluetooth would work properly - I'm not interested in manually entering my bg readings into the app.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
If you have paired with multiple devices turn BT off on the other devices and have it only turned on for the device you wish to pair it with

As soon as you turn the meter on to try and pair it, it will automatically connect to one of your devices it is already paired to..

I had this issue and found it was auto connecting to the iPad before I managed to get it to pair with my iPhone as soon as I turned BT off on the iPad I could pair and sync to the iphone

Reactions: Chelseagirl 2