Cost of meds?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Thank you both for your answers. Yes, I will get it on the NHS. I was confused because I read elsewhere what Dawn said above - that diabetics get their meds for free. I was unsure whether this was for T1, T2 or both? Does this include only diabetic meds or ?

Thank you!
Any diabetic gets any meds free. Your doc should have given you the form! It's sent off by your surgery. Two to three weeks later, you get a card. Even if you come off the meds you are allowed to use the card till it expires. They last 5 years. This next bit is important. When you go on metformin, you won't have your card in time and you will have to pay but you can claim this back. My chemist made me pay but gave me a receipt which was a special form. When the card came, I took it with the receipt and got my money back.

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, this is what happened back in April. Thank you.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Yes, this is what happened back in April. Thank you.
Doh! Didn't see date - thought it was a new post and didn't want you to be out of pocket! In my defence I am old and blonde!

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No worries. I hope my reply didn't sound snotty. I wasn't awake for long when I wrote it. LOL I just wanted to say, "Yes, you were right. This is exactly what happened when I went through this in April", so that the other poster on this thread who paid for her scripts knew to do the same.