cough & cold meds

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
Since having flu jab iv developed a few cold symptoms which was expected, but apart from paracetamol cough sweets, honey etc are out so what do u take instead for sore throat etc?

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll give this a bump to see what others suggest. Mrs DeeJay is just getting over her sore throat & cough with shots of Southern Comfort in warm water. She still had the throat but it didn't seem to matter so much.
Hope you're better soon & that it's just a side effect of the jab.

Reactions: 4 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'll give this a bump to see what others suggest. Mrs DeeJay is just getting over her sore throat & cough with shots of Southern Comfort in warm water. She still had the throat but it didn't seem to matter so much.
Hope you're better soon & that it's just a side effect of the jab.
Ha, will try a brandy gargle!!

Reactions: 2 people

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For a sore throat/cough I use Robitussin cough medicine. There is a sugar free version, but you can only get it in chemists and you have to ask for it. Boots stock it.

Reactions: 4 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
For a sore throat/cough I use Robitussin cough medicine. There is a sugar free version, but you can only get it in chemists and you have to ask for it. Boots stock it.
Than u 4 that we keep some in

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In recent years, I haven't had many colds at all, but for the first few years of diabetes I had cold after cold.

MrCeleriac went to ASDA and the very friendly pharmacists there have helped him get the right stuff, mostly sugar free. I would suggest consulting pharmacist with a list of any meds and supplements you take.

Reactions: 2 people

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, Ive had a very itchy tickly throat and annoying cough this week. I was checking all the sore throat pastilles out yesterday in Sainsburys pharmacy and even the ones labelled sugar free had almost 97g carbs per 100g. Does anyone know of any that are safe for Type 2 and also low carb. Thanks. :)