Could this be bad sign ?

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone

I just checked my husbands glucose on my monitor to see how his white roll affected him . At 1 hour he tested 6.2 will do a 2 hour one. Could he be headed in a bad direction

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Oh sorry don't know we didn't check . What should I do . Check his in thr morning to see his fasting number

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Testing like this is a good idea because you know the exact foods and their amount that spike glucose levels, but like @bulkbiker says you need to know what the numbers are before the roll or whatever is eaten. In my experience rolls will increase BG but by what amount is anybody's guess as we are all at different levels with this disease

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've often thought about buying my husband his own glucose monitoring kit so we can eat the same things and compare results. (Though it would probably discourage me so wouldn't want to do it beyond a few days!)

Fasting glucose levels are often the last to rise as insulin resistance progresses from normal to pre-diabetes to type 2 diabetes. It's the pre-meal and 2-hour post meal readings that give us our first indication of developing insulin resistance, and it's what I'd be most interested in tracking.

Our son, who is 29, had a high triglyceride level last summer. Thinking about buying a glucose monitoring kit for him too. :)

Last edited:

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's great advice thanks . Will check his like this too then see where he is at before and after dinner because he is having potatos he eats lots of potato

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's great advice thanks . Will check his like this too then see where he is at before and after dinner because he is having potatos he eats lots of potato

Coley, it's well worth noting that all people's blood sugar rise after eating. That bit it normal. It's the extent and duration of the rise, along with the ability to return to the starting point that differs.

My OH will not be tested alongside me, and I have to (grudgingly !) accept that, but it is said many non-diabetics can rise to around 11 shortly after a carb-fest, but they snap back to normal pronto.

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks it was false alarm in think as at 2 hour he was back to like 5.9