Cover for freestyle libre

nihancoskun

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a 6 years old son with type 1 diabetes and I look for a waterproof cover. Do you use any cover for your free style libre? especially when swimming. If so where did you buy it ? I look forward for advices.

D

Deleted Account

My understanding is that the Libre is waterproof. However, prolonged time in the water may affect the stickiness of the adhesive holding it in place.
I have heard Vetrap works very well. And, it comes in lots of different colours which your 6 year old may like.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On another thread very recently a swimmer recommended Tegaderm - from Boots I think...

Robbity

bobcurly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes tegaderm is great - it lasts about a week then gets tatty round edge so we peel off carefully and replace weekly. I used to vuy it in bulk ftom ebay - the small size that is marketed for tattoos. Dsn said use rock tape but my daughter never fancied that

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
Betafix

THERA
SPORT
THERA FILM DRESSING

Tegaderm

Leukomed T
5.0x7.2cm
2x3in.

I believe you are located in Turkey, in accordance to your profile, and they are available through the some reputable medical supply providers and local web shops, some Google search might be needed and please have a look at the following link and the heading under the CGMs;

http://www.diyabetimben.com/freestyle-libre-ile-tatil/

This web portal, I believe is the only one available over there which is dedicated to T1 and Diabetes and you may find it very useful.

...Abbott Turkey, very recently, as a matter of fact, just three days ago, has officially started selling the FreeStyle Libre starter kits, with pre-orders, currently only in Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir and their FreeStyle Libre Consumer Service number is Turkey-0800 261 75 04

www.freestylelibre.com.tr

https://libresensor.com/

They are also in a position to suggest and recommend the most suitable means in your location and please also talk to Kifidis Medical Stores if there is one in your town since they are also the sole agents for Libre and sensors on behalf of Abbott.

Last edited:

LornaO

Hi, we use Sainsbury's enhanced healing waterproof film dressings (pack of 5). They're like Tegaderm but, for us, easier to get. The padded central part doesn't stop the sensors being scanned. We sometimes change it after swimming to prevent any water from slackening the dressing or sensor off if it's been on a few days already but they do the trick. We use one all the time as the sensor can sit proud on a little arm and my daughter's hair is long and got wrapped round it otherwise. Hope that helps.