1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cover for freestyle libre

Discussion in 'Parents' started by nihancoskun, May 15, 2017.

1. nihancoskun

nihancoskun Type 1 · Newbie

I have a 6 years old son with type 1 diabetes and I look for a waterproof cover. Do you use any cover for your free style libre? especially when swimming. If so where did you buy it ? I look forward for advices.

2. novorapidboi26

novorapidboi26 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I dont use one but I think its waterproof to a degree

3. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the Libre is waterproof. However, prolonged time in the water may affect the stickiness of the adhesive holding it in place.
    I have heard Vetrap works very well. And, it comes in lots of different colours which your 6 year old may like.

4. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Well-Known Member

On another thread very recently a swimmer recommended Tegaderm - from Boots I think...

Robbity

5. bobcurly

bobcurly Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes tegaderm is great - it lasts about a week then gets tatty round edge so we peel off carefully and replace weekly. I used to vuy it in bulk ftom ebay - the small size that is marketed for tattoos. Dsn said use rock tape but my daughter never fancied that

6. luv2spin

luv2spin Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Betafix

THERA
    SPORT
    THERA FILM DRESSING

Tegaderm

Leukomed T
    5.0x7.2cm
    2x3in.

I believe you are located in Turkey, in accordance to your profile, and they are available through the some reputable medical supply providers and local web shops, some Google search might be needed and please have a look at the following link and the heading under the CGMs;

http://www.diyabetimben.com/freestyle-libre-ile-tatil/

This web portal, I believe is the only one available over there which is dedicated to T1 and Diabetes and you may find it very useful.

...Abbott Turkey, very recently, as a matter of fact, just three days ago, has officially started selling the FreeStyle Libre starter kits, with pre-orders, currently only in Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir and their FreeStyle Libre Consumer Service number is Turkey-0800 261 75 04

www.freestylelibre.com.tr

https://libresensor.com/

They are also in a position to suggest and recommend the most suitable means in your location and please also talk to Kifidis Medical Stores if there is one in your town since they are also the sole agents for Libre and sensors on behalf of Abbott.

#6 luv2spin, May 28, 2017 at 4:23 PM
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  7. LornaO

LornaO · Member

Hi, we use Sainsbury's enhanced healing waterproof film dressings (pack of 5). They're like Tegaderm but, for us, easier to get. The padded central part doesn't stop the sensors being scanned. We sometimes change it after swimming to prevent any water from slackening the dressing or sensor off if it's been on a few days already but they do the trick. We use one all the time as the sensor can sit proud on a little arm and my daughter's hair is long and got wrapped round it otherwise. Hope that helps.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook